Is water wet?

So, there has been this big debate going on across social media and I figured I would bring it here to see what everyone else's thoughts on this was. The question is, is water wet? I say no, because 'wet' is a description of something that has come in contact with water...but then that brings us to an even bigger question.... if an item is still submerged in water, such as a fish or something of the sort, would it be considered wet while still in the water or only once it's been pulled out?
Something can be wet with a liquid other than water.
@Namelesss (1529)
LMAO!!! I'm just going to go sideways here and say, I didn't know water even had dreams
kmsl
@lovebuglena (7109)
• Staten Island, New York
I would say anything that comes in contact with a liquid (no matter what that liquid is) would be considered wet. For example, if you spill tea or coffee on your pants they are wet.
@Bluedoll (17052)
Now I have to think about that one. I would say wet in both cases. is that the correct answer?
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
I too agree with you..
@sw8sincere (5110)
Anything that touches any sort of liquid can be considered as wet and water is a liquid therefore it can be considered as wet. Hehe.
@ddnj2006 (651)
I think no. Coz only solid dry things can only be described as wet upon being spilled by any liquid matter. Unless it is an ice. So maybe the question is incomplete. That's why it becomes misleading, I guess.
@SAM774 (4124)
Tricky question... But I guess water is not wet...