And so it Begins

Winston Salem, North Carolina
The official first day of winter is two weeks from today, but judging by the weather forecast winter will arrive here tomorrow. The Weather Channel has warned us to expect rain and snow tomorrow with 1-3 inches accumulating overnight and an additional inch or so expected on Saturday morning. For those of you who live in snowier climes our bit of promised winter weather isn’t a big deal. Around here, however, it is a very big deal. I suspect, that even as I type this, hordes of people are out clearing the grocery store shelves of bread and milk. I have no intention of setting foot in a grocery store for the next few days. If I want bread I will bake it, if we run out of milk we’ll just do without for a few days. The only thing I don’t like about the expected cold is that my rose bushes will definitely be done for the season. Do you enjoy the changing seasons?
@Morleyhunt (16761)
So far the snow is holding off. My new boots are awaiting their trial run. I did wear them around the house for a half hour (I could still return them if they became uncomfortable).
I usually "break-in" new footwear by wearing it around the house. Maybe our wintery stuff won't materialize either.
@Morleyhunt (16761)
@Platespinner we can hope. Now I get to go help hubby in the heat for an hour or so. I get to help dump chicks..the truck should be arriving in minutes.
@Morleyhunt I have some cats and a golden retriever that would enjoy "helping" you .
The seasons do not really change in Southern California.
I used to live in Alabama and the seasons there consisted of hot and humid (for most of the year) and chilly and miserable with the occasional nice day for the rest. I like seasonal variety!
I am a spring and summer person. I hate winter.
I like winter in small doses. I grew up in Canada (where winter was long and miserable) and then lived in Texas, California and Alabama for the next 24 years, where winter was occasionally miserable and snow was rare. We now live in North Carolina, which gets just enough wintery weather for us to enjoy playing in the snow a bit and really appreciate spring when it arrives.
@Platespinner I really appreciate spring when it arrives Mrs J/Emmett. It sounds like you moved to interesting places. Do you like living in North Carolina? Is someone in the military or something that you moved to different places?
I can't believe how often they change their minds about what the forecast will be, earlier today they predicted 50 for tomorrow now it's 45 to 48 for tomorrow, good grief.
Predicting the weather is a tricky science, there are SO many variables.
So very true @Platespinner if the winds stayed calm most of the time then it would be easier.
NOO I hate the snow and cold. We my get 1-3" as well and we ate in Al. usually thiss happens in Feb.
It's early for NC as well...and people go just as crazy about it as in AL!
That is a beautiful rose. So is it possible that you might be snowed in?
If the roads get slippery we might not be able to get out of our neighborhood, but that's not a major problem in a Saturday morning.
@KrauseHome (33387)
Luckily, I live in an area that seldom sees any Snow. We did get some already that did try to stick on the ground about a month ago, but it did not really last. Been in the mid to high 40s here and nice out during the day.
@UncleJoe (8609)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Only if they change at my convenience.
@xFiacre (10506)
@platespinner We got snow today. Belfast is in a tizzy with schools closed and wars raging in the supermarket aisles. This always happens at the first suggestion of snow - it'll be gone in no time.
We are expecting a dusting to 2 inches on Saturday evening. Never ready for snow.
Your weather forecast is basically our weather right now. We haven't had a lot of rain this Autumn which was weird but last night it started pouring finally. I am actually looking forward to it. Stay safe and warm.
I have stocked eggs and milk and white flour, I have no intention to go to the grocery store until after Christmas. I already have everything I need for our lunch and dinner and we expect snow for the next week.
• Portland, Connecticut
I don't mind the change of season, it is part of life in New England. But the deep cold I do dislike and we will head south in less than a month.
I do but we don't experience the types of changes that you do. It is slowly warming up here but it doesn't quite feel like summer yet.
I love each season as it comes. I don't particularly love driving in the snow, but that's just 1 downfall to it, seeing people sledding and outdoor skating, those things are work a little slow snowy driving.
@Dyvette16 (1361)
• San Antonio, Texas
Pretty flower ! i do enjoy season change
@Blondie2222 (18210)
I do enjoy the changing seasons but i don't do well in the winter. I have asthma and prone to get bronchitis every winter. I love the looks of snow but hate driving in it. It's snowing here tonight but we are not expecting to get much. It does look pretty though
@rina110383 (23507)
No. Change of seasons make my parents sick.
The only season I don't like is winter. The older I get, the less I like it.