Little Of This And That

Anniston, Alabama
Today I got a break from driving and Tony took me to work in his truck, shopped a little on the way back. Today the work was just covering the outside facets for a couple rentals, one was the elderly ladies and the other was the lady with all the boys. I was just needing bread for Tony but I seen the ground beef was on sale for $1.78 a pound! I got about $12.00 worth and I am home canning and freezing it now, make life easier for me on those days I am very tired, making meals for Tony. Plus he can fix himself something if I am gone. I think I will get more because that is an extremely low price. I have been slacking on the work because I am tired, I have over done it again. Especially walking cause I "feel" my legs, every muscle! How was your day?
We always stock up if meat is on special. You can save a lot sometimes.
This was a really cheap price.
@Ganma7 (2045)
Wecdo too!
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm glad you got a bit of a break, but canning and freezing doesn't sound like a break to me. Today my helper came and we worked in the garage together for a bit, and I sorted through the freezer and organized it and then I gave my friend all that was past its date to take home for her 57 chickens. Most of it is stuff we no longer eat because our diets have changed. Then we went to the other house and cleaned out the freezer there so that we could turn it off. The chickens got a lot more from that freezer, since we haven't lived there full time for three years now.Everything still useful I brought home. I started boiling the beef bones and chicken thighs to make sure they were hot and then put them in the crockpot with some water to simmer for a few hours. Tomorrow I'll add some veggies. The nuts and grains that wouldn't fit in my freezer here we put in the ice chest with some of the blue ice to keep in the garage. It's been freezing at night lately so it should be OK if I change the ice daily. Meanwhile, I'm trying not to buy anything that needs to be in the freezer. While we were cleaning out the freezer in the shed at the other house I got palpitations again and had to go sit in her van and rest. Fortunately they didn't get as bad as usual. I'm sure glad she was helping me, because when we got back to my house I was dizzy and she had to help me in.
Now that I home can so much its not hard, no chopping for the meats, harder of its greens or needs a lot of chopping. I need to do another freezer clean out. Now about those palpitations, I read that we suffer with low vitamin C when this happens, so to test this theory I began and Tony who has AFIB, to rake vitamin C drops daily. Both of us has not had another since! I swear it works.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
@andriaperry I take 1000 mg of Vitamin C a day and eat tangerines like candy, as well as other fruits and veggies that contain it. Maybe you could send me the brand of those drops by PM and I'll compare. I don't think I'm deficient.
@bagarad Its just Ludens Vitamin C drops
@Morleyhunt (16689)
It was a relaxing day...I finished my Christmas decorating and tidied the house. This evening I helped my husband accept delivery of almost 30,000 baby chicks. It was hot work for almost an hour.
For his job? I want chickens but not that many!
@Morleyhunt (16689)
@andriaperry he manages two broiler farms. Today was chick delivery day. The chicks usually arrive early in the morning. This time the normal hatchery couldn't supply the chicks so the second farm was getting chicks from Quebec. They were travelling for more hours than we like so we needed to get them off the truck as quickly as possible. I helped hubby...the boss helped out and the two fellows from the hatchery helped....we worked quickly and the birds were enjoying a drink of water when I left.
@Morleyhunt I figured it was from his job.
• Portland, Connecticut
I thought I would get a lot done today but I was wrong. lol I ran down to the church for a meeting but other than that I didn't really do much except load and unload the dishwasher.
This week was an off week and I should have done more than I hav.
@UncleJoe (8556)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Great price on the ground beef. I wonder how lean it is.
78/22 was on the package.
• Marion, Kansas
I did pretty well. Vehicles gave me fits, however. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday.
This week went by fast
Pretty good day here for the most part.
That is good to hear.
I am going to get meat with my husband tomorrow. We both had a busy day itvseems. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted!
I bet you are. Dont worry within days you`ll be okat
@Ganma7 (2045)
You had a busy day. Great price on the ground beef. I am making meat loaf tonight. My hubby loves it. Have a good day
Tony loves meat loaf as well.
@Ganma7 (2045)
@andriaperry Comfort food
I pay the same price in Italy for the ground beef, that is three times cheaper than here in Switzerland. It's worth crossing the board for shopping.
Its usually around $3.00 per pound here.
@andriaperry In Italy the normal price for the good quality lean meat is around $2 per pound.
@Blondie2222 (18207)
Well glad you got your work done and did some shopping and found good deals. I love shopping and finding deals out of the blue like that.
Oh me too.
@Blondie2222 (18207)
That is a really low price. Reminds me I need to thaw beef I froze to make my son tacos tomorrow.
I will go back for more.
@andriaperry excellent idea if you have room for it. My boyfriend wont eat meat that has been frozen. He says it tastes different. I don't eat meat so I can't compare.
That is good that you got some shopping done and some hamburger at a good price.
Yes I am glad I got it that cheap.
Really good deal on the beef. I didn't know you could can meat, only fruit and veggies.
Tony is the meat eater, I eat chicken sometimes and I do eat fish.
@rina110383 (23062)
Busy Friday for me. I hope to get home before it gets dark.
I am home and its night here now, have a nice day there.
@Ithink (6888)
Wow! That is cheap!! I hope that you feel better soon. You need to rest them legs!!
I am.
@franxav (3726)
Take care. Life becomes difficult with the "feel" in the legs.Hope you are taking some medicines.
No medication, just rest
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I hsvebt done a whole lot. Laundry and made dinner. Been goofing off the rest of the day.
Washing dishes and laundry is something normal around here. I feel lazy
That's a great deal on ground beef!
• Lakewood, Colorado
That was a great buy for the beef Andria. Hope you are doing okay xo