Hello from Sunny Warm Florida!

We arrived Tuesday afternoon with an easy, quick flight. However, we had so much to do. We had to open the storm shutters, make the bed, vacuum and dust. We were too pooped to grocery shop, so ate dinner out and breakfast out. We went grocery shopping. Today, we had two blown out from the hurricane screens replaced. My hubby did errands and went to the farm market. I managed a long, long walk and visited with friends and neighbors. But the best news is that Orville the Osprey is here, alive, singing, and flying around. He already showed off his fish by flying right up to my window. Today, he spent almost all day on his palm tree right outside our window. I've included a short video of him flying with his sons. I hope you notice when he flew by our window and listen to him chirping. I love him and am so happy he is alive and well! Btw, Doodles the cat is doing just fine. I've spoken to him several times. He told me he is cold and wants to visit us in Florida.
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... For the house. On the house. Loading... Treat the fam to 1
Enjoy your Winter.
I certainly will try!!! Thank you!
really hope things are doing great for you.
@kobesbuddy (19399)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Wonderful to watch Orville in flight! I wondered if he had survived the terrible hurricane, and he did
No one here had seen him. I feared he would be gone forever.
I bet orville is really fun to watch.
@lnillerman He is amazing!!!
So nice to hear from you. I was thinking of you today.Glad Orville was there to greet you. Awesome video. Thanks for shaaring with us.
Thank you! I've been too emotionally and physically exhausted since we arrived. I popped on to try to play catchup, but that is impossible for me. lol. I was sooooo relieved to see Orville, you have no idea!
That was awesome. Ally perked up when you (or hubby) whistled, I guess it sounded like me. I have to ask, how did you come up with the name Orville? The reason I ask is because I've been following the life events of Harriet the bald eagle, she's just laid 2 eggs so far, I wonder if she'll lay more.
Thank you! My husband whistled. I can't. My husband gave Orville that name five years ago. It sounded Southern to him. I hope Harriet lays many more eggs. We need more wonderful birds of all types!
I don't think she and M15 can support that many @DianneN it's not easy being a predator, their prey is always much more whiley then they would like.
@rebelann I looked her up today and discovered she lives in Florida. Saw the eggs, too.
I am so glad to know that you arrived safely at your Florida condo and more than happy to know that Orville and Sons are well alive and happy. What to ask more to live? You have the sun, a beautiful place where to walk and all your friends near you... I know you miss Doodles and your family.
Aww, thanks so much, Anna! We are very busy settling in and so much to do. We may have to go home to rest. lol
@DianneN Take it easy, there are still several days before Christmas.
@LadyDuck And we don't even celebrate Christmas!
• Portland, Connecticut
I'm cold too so get that spare bedroom ready, I'm heading down lol So glad that Orville is well and still around. I am dreading leaving our new little boy, I hope he forgives me. Next year we are going to bring the dogs with us I think.
@Elizaby (3403)
• Pensacola, Florida
You might want to wait as the first cold front is making its way through the state
• Portland, Connecticut
@Elizaby lol I will actually be in Florida on January 5th so I have a while yet.
The spare bedroom is ready! Having Orville back is the greatest gift of all, although I miss that Doodles tremendously. I hope your new baby doesn't miss you too much. Perhaps you will bring him down next year. My son wouldn't let us fly Doodles down. It's his cat afterall. Lol!!!
Wow! What a glorious view. Enjoy it.
It is awesome down here. Thank you!!!
she does have a really great view I have a great view in front of my house too.
@Blondie2222 (18140)
I'm glad everything is still at stand still from the hurricane. Lovely video love nature itself. Enjoy your time in Florida, I am jealous as it's cold and snowing here.
Thanks so much. We had to screens on our lanai blown out by the hurricane, but had them replaced today. We are supposed to go down to 50 at night this weekend. That's cold for here, but I call it good sleeping weather. Stay safe in that nasty snow!!!
@Blondie2222 (18140)
@DianneN Were not getting much snow where i live but people in surrounding areas are getting it worse. I like cold evening's for better sleeping weather also.
not much snow here where I live at least not so far I'm pretty happy about that but last summer was awful.
@LeaPea2417 (15250)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Glad you got there safe. I am in shock at the moment. We are getting snow as I type this!
Thanks and oh, no!!!!
@LeaPea2417 (15250)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@DianneN It is the earliest snow fall ever for my town.
@LeaPea2417 I bet not too much snow here where I live but it snowed briefly on Halloween so far that's the only snow we have gotten around here
@dodo19 (28068)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm glad to hear from you and that you guys are there enjoying Florida. Glad to hear everything went well.
Thanks so much. We still have things to do and buy. I want to redecorate the lanai with new furniture.
I used to have a relative that lived in florida but he moved back many years ago he was transfored there for work for a few years. he said he loved it.
@dodo19 (28068)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@DianneN I'm sure that you'll get everything done.
I was thinking you drove down but the flight would be so much faster. Yay I’m so glad to hear the good news about Orville.
We drove three times out of five, but bought a car to leave down here. It's so much quicker. LOL! I am so thankful and relieved that Orville is still here. No one saw him, so I thought the hurricane got him. He is so adorable!
@DianneN I bet orville is a great bird and I bet he is really smart too. I have owl that comes to my house at night every spring.
@lnillerman That is awesome!!! I would love an owl, too!!!!!!!!
Glad you got there safe. Hope you enjoy your time there!
Many, many thanks! Still settling in.
@DianneN lol take your time and relax Dianne. no rush its the holidays.
Glad to hear that you guys settled in just fine. I'm even more happy to hear that Orville is still hanging in there!
Thank you! I looked for Orville the second we got here. He showed up about an hour later. I was soooo relieved and grateful.
@DianneN It is great to see our familiar creatures!
I'm sure orville is really great to have around he is such a beautiful bird. I like birds they are so pretty and so fun to watch.
So nice for you to be back in your Fla home. Why did you leave before Christmas though?
It is wonderful and we don't celebrate Christmas.
@DianneN why don't you guys celebrate Christmas its such a wonderful holiday why miss out.
Glad to hear Orville is alive and well. Love the Osprey.
Thank you! I am so relieved he was here!!!!
That is so cool! The whole scene looks like paradise.
Thanks, Ambie! It is wonderful down here. Still too busy with one zillion errands to really enjoy it, yet.
@yugocean (4488)
As you say it is sunny and warm, not hot summer; so this is a nice time for you. Here wether is also lovely, it is winter time and sunny days.
Thank you! You enjoy your beautiful winter, too!!!
@yugocean (4488)
@DianneN It is night now, going to sleep, met you in Morning.
it was a very hot summer this year where I live and I do not even have an conditioner.
So pleased that Orville is doing fine. He probably waits impatiently each year for you to arrive.
That, I doubt, but it is so good to have him here. Sigh of relief.
@DianneN So much can happen in the time you're away.
@JudyEv After the big hurricane, I was so worried. No one had seen him.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh! That's lovely, Dianne, and I am so happy Orville was there to greet you :) . Hiya there Orville! Lol, Doodles is rightly grumbling, hugs to him when he chats to you again. Enjoy the beautiful weather.
Many thanks, as usual! We are thrilled that Orville is here. I just love that boy! Don't tell Doodles, although I love him just as much. lol
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN, lol, you have space for both!
7h
@bluesa I do, but our son nixed us having Doodles full time. Drat!
Sounds cool Dianne. Glad you arrived safely and eventually will be able to relax.
Thank you. Eventually. Perhaps Sunday? lol
@DianneN Whenever enjoy your time away and the warm weather there.