Grateful

@ridingbet (59626)
Today, the 8th of December, is the 5th anniversary of the burial of the former director of the secondary hospital where I acted as the head nurse for nearly 7 years. Doctor DSL died on the 31st of October, 2012 and all of us former employees paid our respect to him. I recall how his bereaved wife led me to Doc DSL’s casket: ”Ingrid, he is so ‘gwapo’ even inside his coffin!” Manang BBL the wife was smiling while saying that. I agree. Doc DSL is the most handsome among all his brothers and he stood out when all of them siblings are together. December 8 is memorable to me, aside from my first Holy Communion and the feast of the Immaculate Conception. I was employed to just 3 institutions: this hospital, Ministry of Health in Kuwait, and my present college of nursing, as a clinical preceptor. I am grateful to doc DSL because he honed my knowledge, skills and attitude in the practice of my vocation. This picture attached is in my memory on Facebook. I am with colleague Miss FCT who was with me and still with me. Said location is in the Sanctuary of Peace where Doc DSL was laid to rest.
What a great gesture to pay respect to this great man who you still remember.
@ridingbet (59626)
yes, doc DSL is the man i will never forget. i remember him saying that he will make any or all of his employees cry. all of my co-employees cried. i did not. even if he raised his voice on me, i did not cry. that is already a success to me. i resigned without shedding a tear.
@ridingbet So you were the only one to be able to face him without crying, this is very good.
@ridingbet (59626)
@LadyDuck yes. i am a strong person and i do not easily get swayed by the bullying of others.
@hereandthere (32791)
it is indeed a significant month for you. are you still in touch with his wife? they say it's good to land a job in government hospitals in the middle east. by the way, what's the difference between a secondary and tertiary hospital?
@ridingbet i guess secondary hospitals don't have ct scans and mri? i'm sorry to hear about his wife. how old is she now?
@ridingbet (59626)
@hereandthere yes, the secondary hospital only has the X-ray department, ER, OR, laboratory, pharmacy, and resident doctors, but not those equipment. manang BBL i think is already in her late 70s.
@yanzalong (10174)
How long did you work in Kuwait? You must have had a good position there.
@ridingbet (59626)
no, i was just a staff nurse in one government hospital. i stayed there for 4 years until the Gulf war in 1990
@peachpurple (12770)
Life goes in, great pic
@ridingbet (59626)
thanks
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It is wonderful he had such a positive impact on you, may he rest in peace. That is a lovely photo of you and Miss FCT.
@ridingbet (59626)
thank you. that picture is 5 years old now, and both of us still look the same as now.
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet you're both ageless. :)
@ridingbet (59626)
@bluesa hahah! thanks for the compliment, my friend. but i am having more wrinkles now, maybe because i sleep late at times due to TV watching.
What a wonderful tribute to him. You can say that he made you who you are and inspired your career. May he Rest In Peace.
@ridingbet (59626)
he was my very first employer and i owe to him my skills, most specifically injecting using the slap method
You have a good job.
@ridingbet (59626)
i am right now a part-time clinical instructor. i left that hospital in 2004 in favor of my job now.
This picture was back in 2004? I hope you have kept in touch with your colleague after all these years.