29 degrees freezinheit

Whatever that translates to in celtigrades. I'm sorry there are 3,946 ways to measure temperature. I don't know why Fahrenheit and Celsius don't agree on what '0' is. I do know it is just as easy for someone here to look up what the conversion from one to the other is just as easy as it is for me to look it up. But sometimes I will post both. And sometimes I won't. I'm in America, using an American-based site, and here where I live, we use Fahrenheit. And I know it is the right way because it is the American way. And America is NEVER wrong. Next things ya know people will expect me to convert miles to kilometers and pounds to kilograms.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
How does Scar feel about the cold?
Doesn't seem to bother him much
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JolietJake that's cause he's got plenty of extra padding.
@thislittlepennyearns And a fur coat.
I'm stealin yer werd, I like "freezinheit" Uh oh, does that mean I'd be plagiarizin It does seem to me that if I can look up the metric system so I can understand what others write about then why can't they do the same? It's really not that hard to find conversion charts online.
I'm allowing free public usage of it, I didn't file a copyright
Oh goody @JolietJake glad to hear ya ain't claimin it but it iz a good word.
• Uzbekistan
@rebelann It's my experience that more Europeans add the American way of counting than vice versa. If one asks politely if Celsius can be added by the writer, I usually get a reply like 'You can look it up yourself'. If the member feels magnanimous, they may add a conversion list. Thank you. I know how to convert temperature. As I said, I consider it polite to write a complete post and not let the readers fill in the rest.
I never used Fahrenheit, it has always been Celsius or centigrade for us here. But I know it's really cold there. It's a cuddle kind of weather.
Now Celsius and centigrade are actually the same thing basically, right?
@JolietJake they're twins!
@BarBaraPrz (20719)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake Celcius is the name of the guy who came up with the centigrade scale and he named it centigrade but somewhere along the line someone decided it should be named for him, just as the Fahrenheit scale is named after the dim bulb who thought 32° should be the freezing point.
No matter the precise conversion, everything below 32 F (0 C) is cold. It's even colder here today with only 25 F and a chilly wind that will sure bring snow.
BratCat is throwing a fit because I don't want to leave the windows open.
@JolietJake I am not going to keep my windows open today and the entry door only the little time necessary to go out and back in.
@BarBaraPrz (20719)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@LadyDuck Anything below 32°F (0°C) is FROZEN!
• Uzbekistan
I hope you feel better now.
I feel about the same as always...ornery
@FourWalls (15200)
@JolietJake — isn’t that the town you live in, Ornery, Illinois?
@peachpurple (12770)
does scar wear any santa clothes?
Nope. I'm not gonna even try to put any on him, a collar was hard enough
@Morleyhunt (20851)
I live in Canada, we used Fahrenheit when I was growing up. I think the conversion was in around 1968/69. I'm too lazy to look it up. When we first started hearing the temperature in Celsius one radio announces always told us the temp in silly a$$. I found that pretty funny at the time.
I'd never really thought about it...I knew Anders Celsius used 0 for freezing and 100 for boiling (makes sense) but evidently Daniel Fahrenheit used an ice/salt/water mixture to determine his '0' (it was the coldest he could get things in his lab) and designated his body temp at 96 (why not 100 I don't know) and calibrated his scale from that.
@dodoazo (21291)
That is better. It could be differentiated as far as temperature is concerned. While English words are horrible and misleading. Just imagine using a word but has a "million" meanings. Like run for example. Do you know how many meaning does this simple word have? Its meaning is dependent on how it is being used. I may cite good examples. I run as the President of our class. I run around the oval every Saturday. My wife's stocking has run. I run a buy and sell business. They run the movie several times for editing. I run away from home. I run out of money.
Except the first one and last three should probably be 'ran'.
@FourWalls (15200)
Then ol’ Kelvin had to get in on the act. Dang scientists arguing about how cold “cold” is.
Water freezes at 0 boils at 100. Room temperature is around 20 + or - depending on preference. Easy peasy. All I remember of fahrenheit is room temperature is around 70 - 72. 80 is too hot. Water freezes at 32 and when it gets below 0, that is cold! And water boils at 212 ? Not so sure on that one. I never ever convert. If I read it's 100°F I am just glad I am not there!
If I read it's 100°F I am just glad I am not there!
America is never wrong?
Nope. Just ask Donny
don't give me flashbacks of 5th grade. teach me standard 6 years,then the b*stards wanted me to learn metric. from what i hear they gave up trying to force it.
Australia had Fahrenheit until soon after I left school (I think that's when it was) so I have a rough idea of what each is.
Does this mean that I no longer have to include the conversion in my posts too? I believe that I only do it for your country, I'm not sure if there are others on that old system.