Thoughts On Following MyLoters

I was just looking at who I am following and discovered that many are either not active. As a result I am deciding if maybe it's time to thin out my list of people I follow and reshape my practices. How do you handle your following list? Do you thin it out from time to time or simply leave it as is and let it keep growing? I want to be able to focus more on targeted reading but haven't quite figured out what I will do. Please share your advice and practices. I may be cutting back from 137 to a more manageable number. In the process it may open up opportunities for more exploring but just haven't decided yet. I'd like some thoughts from my fellow Mylotters.
I don't bother with following list. I know who I read and look at every post anyway.
@JohnRoberts Sound thoughts. Thanks.
Mine has a long list of newbies who appeared and disappeared. I don't look at my list very often, so it can remain as it is.
@Kandae11 Thanks for the input.
@Dena91 (4775)
I've been on here for a a little over a year now and I have went through my friends list once. I try to keep those who are most active on here on the list and those that I get rid of.
@Dena91 I will likely clean it out a bit but not sure if I want to get rid of all of those who are inactive right now. Some have been around a long time. I've been here since late 2015 but writing on line for years. I find myself getting slower because of so many other things going on. Thanks for your input!
@Morleyhunt (21472)
It's the incredible number of followers that I thinned out. Many of them signed up...followed a lot of Mylotters and then disappeared. JJ gave us a tip how to thin the list a while back.
@FourWalls (15862)
I agree with John....I don’t pay all that much attention to the “following” list. Sad, isn’t it...
@TheSojourner (17298)
Those whom I follow show up on the discussions I check the most. But I have been remiss lately. If you figure out a good way to do it, please let me know!
I thin my following list out from to time but I think doing that is just a personal preference. If I run out of posts to read I might go through my list and try to find posts that I've missed somehow. I don't often to to 'new' discussions or whatever but perhaps I should.
Due to my lack of patience, I never tend to my following list. I would lose patience going through all those users and deciding which ones to eliminate.
I never look at it so it has no effect on what I do.
@sissy15 (5773)
Personally, I leave mine as is, but I'm not following a ton of people. I myself took some time off from mylotting but I am not completely inactive. I think it depends if they've been gone years. I have known a few others who have left for a few months to a year and then came back due to certain events happening in their lives which is partly why I don't unfollow people but again my list is pretty short, to begin with.
I remove those that I don't see in my posts. It's easy to keep clean that way.