I'm not going to dump the Dump Cake !

United Kingdom
I have posted a few times about The Pioneer Woman ....A cook from America that now has programmes showing here in the UK on the Food Network channel. A few weeks ago I saw a programme where she made a "Dump Cake " ... I had NEVER heard of this before but it looked nice and I thought that I would try it. Oh my days I am Soooo pleased that I did. Basically it is a tin of cherries mixed with a tin of crushed pineapple, placed in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Covered with ready made cake mix, then covered with butter ( we grated it ). The whole thing is place in the oven to cook. Totally magical..... I shall certainly be making this again ....soon !
@yugocean (8483)
If you liked it, then it might be good because someone would like to try again.
That does sound like a magical cake!!! It will be so delicious!!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It's popular here
@dragon54u (31615)
That sounds delicious! Kind of like a pineapple upside down cake, which I have had a craving for lately. I've seen that show a couple of times and like it. I have used her recipes at times but usually make them healthier. For example, I would not cover the cake with butter. I often substitute applesauce for at least half the butter in a recipe and it turns out fine.
Too sweet for me bt nice for you. Good job.