Are the parents to blame?

@ricki_911 (19954)
Toronto, Ontario
My friend daughter just startes high school and being picked on regularly. She tries hurting herself yesterday and luckily was caught mid way. In my opinion the parents of theae kids shouls be charged. The kids learn from someone and that is the parents. I wouldnt even send the kids the school now a days with this type of society. Its beyond disgusting what these kids and their parents find acceptable.
Sometimes, I do believe that even kids with the best parents may act out in a way that is a danger to themselves or others. I think some kids suffer from some sort of mental illness that is due to genetics rather than parent care.
@ricki_911 (19954)
• Toronto, Ontario
Not a group of 15 girls have all mental illness. I told her you may not be able to see it now but think 10 years or 15 years. I go its hard to explain but i went through that and all those girls amounted to nothing in life. It may be hard now but in a few years they will have done nothing and she is very smart (wanting to go for a doctor) and has a work ethic. I said sad but thats what jealous and insecure do. I dealt with it and now 15 years later a few of those type of girls came and apologized because they admit they were jealous because guys would want me because of where i was going, my goals wnd work ethic.
@ricki_911 Yes, not an entire group. One in a group who is not quite right can influence others quite easily. So good to hear that some of those girls made an effort to apologize to you. I think parents being appropriate role models is the key. Some parents just do not set a good example or are very uninvolved in their child's life.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
It's not always the parents fault. You can't place the blame on just one thing. Has she been abused? Not by her parents, but by a boyfriend?
@ricki_911 (19954)
• Toronto, Ontario
No,she is 13. All by achool kids and she really cant handle it. I talk to her regularly as dealt with that in school. Diffeeence i k ew that those girls who picked on me were jealous they all have amounted to nothing. But she can't see say 5 years or 10 years down the road. I told her once school is done and move on with a lot better then them. She showed me messages and picturea they take of her.
@Scrapper88 (1332)
I have a cousin who had to take her kids out of school and home school them because of bullies at school.