It is a Christmas miracle!

The new dishwasher was just delivered and installed! It only took 3 months from the time the old one tried to burn my house down to get this new one. I can't really fault KitchenAid/Whirlpool too much because they were very reasonable when I dealt with them on the phone. My dishwasher was out of warranty but it was a super safety hazard so they agreed immediately to try to repair and eventually replace the thing. It wasn't their fault that they didn't know how lame their repair company was being. It also isn't their fault that they didn't know how much their delivery/install appliance company sucks because they are based in North New Jersey and they don't like to work in South Jersey. I will be giving them feedback on both of these companies on Monday. I just wanted to wait to get the damned dishwasher in my house first! It seems that we are having our annual sewer/pipe issue where the pipes don't want to drain. My husband told me not to use the sink or flush the toilet until Mr. Rooter shows up to do whatever they do and charge us hundreds of dollars to do it. Soooooo I won't get to use the new dishwasher for awhile. I did load it up though!
@TheSojourner (17479)
Nice to hear that you got it and I look forward to hearing about being able to use it!
I truly don't understand why people would choose to live without a dishwasher.
@NJChicaa because it takes more water and electricity to run?
@CoralLevang screw that. I'll happily pay for that to maintain my sanity.
Glad that was sorted out! Hope the sewer/pipe issue gets fixed as well.
It will. They usually just run a super-snake through for awhile to get some of the roots out of the way.
Glory hallelujah!!!!
No kidding! I am so relieved. This has been a first-world-problem kind of nightmare!
@Blondie2222 (21222)
Glad you finally got it and it's installed. Sucks you can't use it yet but i'm sure you will get to soon. I wish we had one at times especially when we have family get together's instead of washing stuff by hand.
I would never live without a dishwasher!
@Blondie2222 (21222)
@NJChicaa My boyfriend is building us a house and i told him i want a dishwasher
this should last for you awhile.Merry Christmas
I hope so!
there you go.Enjoy
Really? You can't use it? That's funny, only it's really not.
I used it anyway. I was out of patience after 3 months. It didn't flood anything! Then we had Mr. Rooter here and the guy was telling my husband that the Earth was flat, the Moon landings were faked, NASA employees were NAZIs, and apparently you can't get any space equipment out past 75 miles. Frankly, I wanted to call the main office and tell them to have their employee to SHUT THE HELL UP. I still might. My husband loves to troll me about Trump but don't try to give an engineer stupid info about science. Pretty sure that we will be using a different company the next time that the pipes get clogged.
Is Mr. Rooter coming today?
supposedly within the next hour
Glad to hear it is fiball installed and ready to go...soon you will be able to use it
I decided to be crazy and just run it even before the plumber showed up. So sick of looking at a sink full of dishes.
I see I hope you have it for many years.
me too!
@Tina30219 (32895)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad to hear you got it and it is installed now sorry to hear you can’t use it yet.