Children Live Away From Home

Image credit: https://en.brilio.net/personality/children-who-live-away-from-home-might-get-these-benefits-children-who-live-away-from-home-might-get.html
@yanzalong (9727)
Indonesia
Are you worried if one or two family members are away from home? My children are still with us as they still go to school. I imagine how I will lose them when they have to live away from home due to work or study. I don't know how the feeling will be. Will I be worried about them? Some of you may have had the experience about their children being away. If you could share it with us here, you'd be appreciated.
@averygirl72 (15691)
My siblings are all working and one is studying in the city. We are not worried that much now. They go home during weekends. Thank God they are always safe in the city
@yanzalong (9727)
It's good to hear that.
Our sons moved out of home soon after they finished their schooling. We saw them quite often until one moved to Melbourne (four hours flight away) and the other went overseas to eventually settle in ireland (23 hours away). As we get older it can be saddening to think they are so far away. It will get worse as we get older and unable to travel easily.
@yanzalong (9727)
Here I can feel that parents cannot forget their children although they are now living independently. Thank for sharing.
I was worried when my sons went into the service.
@yanzalong (9727)
How is he going now?
I think it is normal to feel worried if the family members are not around and lived in another place. At the moment, my younger sister is working in the capital of my country.
@yanzalong (9727)
Is she away from her family?
@yanzalong She is still single like me. We are her family at this point in time.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Your kids look like they truly care for each other. I've never sent kids to college.
@yanzalong (9727)
So, where have you sent them to study?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@yanzalong Wherever they want to go!
@yanzalong (9727)
@TheHorse I see. So, you let them decide.
@peachpurple (11810)
my teenager had lived away from us two years ago. She had to study her degree and work at the same time in Singapore, so we had to let her go. It is sad and missed her a lot. But, fortunately, Singapore is near to Malaysia, she comes back every weekends
@yanzalong (9727)
That is not a problem. You are lucky she is not too far away.
@rina110383 (24249)
Only my brother lives with my parents. The three of us (and my 2 sisters) live far from my parents. We've been living far from them since college. I get worried of my parents but make it a point to talk to them and go home once in a while.
@yanzalong (9727)
You are very lucky to be able to visit your parents often.
I worry all the time for sure. I am not going to stop either.
@yanzalong (9727)
I understand parents' feeling toward their children.
@KrauseHome (33911)
Well, it is always hard when someone leaves the nest for the first time. Yes there are usually tears of Sorrow knowing you will miss them, but also tears of joy as they get ready to start their New adventure.
I had no children, but I know that my parents were sad when I married, because I leaving their home.