I wish I had not said something.

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
Yesterday I really put my foot in it and said something that I never should have said. We were talking about something that had happened in the past and I was feeling very emotional about this particular subject. Things started to get a bit unpleasant and I told somebody something that I should not have done. I tried to explain myself but it all kept coming out wrong and I just made things worse. Have you ever been in this situation and what did you do to put things right?
• New Delhi, India
Ohhh...we sometimes create mess for ourselves. I hope it gets sorted out soon.
@millie02 (6908)
Thank you, so do I.
• New Delhi, India
@millie02 I hope you are out of it now
@millie02 (6908)
@amitkokiladitya Well I am trying to put things right.
Let some time pass until you aren't so emotional about the incident anymore and then write a polite letter explaining things and apologising.
@millie02 (6908)
Thanks for your advice, this sounds like a good idea.
@millie02 When you've written the letter, let it lie for two days. When it still looks good, send it. Maybe you can get this done before Christmas. This would be a good occasion.
@millie02 (6908)
@MALUSE It would be nice to get this sorted out before Christmas.
@yugocean (8059)
It happens, I mean happed with me too; but I learned a lesson - "Think before you speak" and You are responsible for everything you will say Only time can heal it; so I do Yoga for mind control and fine with if.
@millie02 (6908)
This is very true, I did not think before I spoke because I was upset at the time.
@yugocean (8059)
@millie02 Carolyn / Millie are Girl's name; You might be very young, and got emotional with some words. Such words are now hurting you; but you have to keep it flow and learn lesson. I too did very much I must not have said during my teenage time.
@sabtraversa (12567)
More or less, misunderstandings are underrated. We're all different, because of our personalities and backgrounds, we take information differently. It almost makes me think there's no truth or reality, because our perceptions can be too unique to state one thing is exactly made the way we see it. It can be hard to explain and apologize, there are instances you won't get understanding but you can at least aim for acceptance. Time can heal, in the meanwhile you can try to prove their opinion about you are wrong, that you're more than just a "negative remark" or whatever you said.
@millie02 (6908)
This is all very true, and what hurts one person , may not hurt somebody else.
@Morleyhunt (19539)
That seems to happen when I put my foot in it. The more I try to fix the situation...the worse I seem to make it. M sometimes it's best to give it some time.
@millie02 (6908)
It was like that for me, one bad comment seemed to lead to another. Perhaps I will give it a few days or more.
Once words are spoken, it's hard to take them back.