I want your honest opinions on the Amazon Echo Dot

https://pixabay.com/en/echo-dot-amazon-language-assistant-2937627/
Dallas, Texas
I recently ordered me one. I don't have a clue as to its potential. I mainly liked only one aspect of the dot, that is, to be able to play music from Spotify at my verbal command. If it works I may have to connect it up to a nice sound system. I hope it works well with my WiFi. Any one else have an echo or a dot? Your feed back will be very helpful. Thank you very much in advance and happy myLotting! Happy Holidays too.
The Editors' Choice-winning Amazon Echo Dot is back and even better than before -- all for almost half the price of the original.
@LeaPea2417 (21543)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am not sure about it , but my Mom & Dad have one of those Amazon Alexa's. They think it is great with all the knowledge it has.
• Dallas, Texas
I hope they get lots of enjoyment from using it.
@LeaPea2417 (21543)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@lookatdesktop My Mom was just telling me on the phone the other day how much she loves it.
• Dallas, Texas
@LeaPea2417 , Well, I just got mine today. I haven't yet opened it up to look inside. But, the package it came in is pretty tiny. No wonder it's called a dot.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I would of waited to buy it until I had heard the reviews and opinions. Good luck.
• Dallas, Texas
In any case it costed only $29.99 plus sales tax, so it will be a learning experience as always with new devices. LOL
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@lookatdesktop what exactly is it supposed to do?
• Dallas, Texas
@thislittlepennyearns , You tell it to play music, it plays music over your sound system or on it's little speakers. It is to be connected vie a WiFi router that connects to your app via your smart phone or your Windows 10 PC, and in any case the service I think might cost about 5 dollars or so per month to get the music. It can tell you what the weather is like and remind you of things and so forth. I have never had one so I will have to learn from trial and error. Hope some people here have one and can give me some pointers to help me and others who are new to Amazon Echo and Echo Dot.
@UncleJoe (10618)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It's funny that you posted this because Becky brought that up this morning. She thinks she wants one because they do so much around the house. I think I am being replaced.
• Dallas, Texas
So you are Mr. Go For This and Go For That? You might get a vacation then.
@UncleJoe (10618)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@lookatdesktop Put our to pasture is more like it.
• Dallas, Texas
@UncleJoe , Well as long as there is plenty of grazing space and mild weather. LOL
Good luck with it. I've only seen the commercials. No experience with it. I've been thinking about it though.
• Dallas, Texas
I hope my wife lets me actually use it, mainly I want to play music over it with my Spotify music app in Windows 10, as I don't use a smart phone.
• Dallas, Texas
@lookatdesktop saw an article for Windows 10 and the Echo Dot
If you don't use an iPhone or Android phone you might have ignored the Amazon Echo. But this stellar piece of smart home technology gets on just fine with Windows 10.
@lookatdesktop Very interesting.
I have heard good news on this.The price is right.I am thinking of getting one?
• Dallas, Texas
I have to try it out when I get it, and so far it's up in the air as to how much fun it will be or not. ?