Free Ride

Butler Community College Headliners
Last Friday, December 8, the fourth and fifth grade students from our school boarded a bus to go to our district's Performing Arts Center. We were privileged to see a half hour program performed by the students from Butler Community College in ElDorado, Ks. A show choir known as the Headliners. These students pictured are in jeans and T shirts and did not do costume changes Friday, as they were performing in four different venues. Usually they change costumes with every set. One thing that is interesting to me is that all the students in this group are attending college on a free ride scholarship. All expenses paid. Their costumes, even their shoes are paid as well. They sing great harmonies, both old and new music. The songs are also choreographed. These students could have left campus for home on Wednesday afternoon. Because of their spirited showmanship the stayed around til Friday, to perform for free at various districts in the area. The week before they had performed with the Wichita City Symphony. It was a good show and they work very hard.
Lucky you. I doubt they ever get out this far.
You may find some community college nearby that does perform near you. Check school calendars and such. I went to a college that had fall and spring tours and came to churches in Texas.
I'll have to do that @GardenGerty thanks.
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That sounds like a lot of fun. I love that these kids are doing something very positive and are impacting other kids doing it.
The entire Jr. Hi and Hi School was there as well as lots of adults from the community. We had to sit up in the upper levels for space reasons.
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@GardenGerty That's cool.
Oh wow. Sounds like they're good, and they enjoy what they do.
They were full of energy and yes, very good singers and dancers.
@GardenGerty thats great!
@JESSY3236 (7046)
cool. My uncle's high school has a choir called The Choraliers. They are really good.
It is awesome to see these young people enjoying working hard and learning about music.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Ah that sounds like fun. I love a good performance
It was fun. I would love to see them sometime with all the costume changes. these young people have marvelous voices.
It must sometimes get very tiring for them. Glad you enjoyed it.
Their faces said that they love what they are doing. I know that this is almost like a job for them and it also is good on a resume if they want to go into entertainment.
• New Delhi, India
This was good
Yes, and it lets the younger kids see what can happen if they practice hard with their talents.
That must have been a lovely concert.
It was. I think one reason our district was chosen is that we have a very well designed performing arts center and groups love to use our stage.
I hope your students appreciated the performance as much as you did. Sounds like you had a fun day.
You were lucky to have the opportunity to assist to this interesting performance. I am sure the students loved what they were doing.