does it matter who else is online?

https://pixabay.com/en/woman-face-photo-montage-faces-1594711/
last december 8, @sharon6345 (from the us east coast) posted a discussion entitled, "2 am Good morning mylot." @RasmaSandra replied that it was 9am in riga, latvia, dpk262006 said it was 12:40 pm in delhi, india, while i replied that it was 3pm in the philippines. it was really nice to witness that real-time interaction from different parts of the world. this is why i like international sites like mylot. there is always someone online no matter what time you log in. of course, it's up to you if you want to interact with them. when you go to 'Explore' then 'Most Recent Discussions', you only see the new discussions posted by new and old members. however, other mylotters might also be online, but interacting at other discussions. that's why i also scroll through and refresh 'Most Recent Activity'. i read the responses and comments and participate in those that interest me. does it matter to you who else is online before you post and interact?
That was why I suggested the 'Most Recent Activity' link to Bugsy, so if no discussions caught our eye at the moment we could see who else was here and what they were doing.
@sishy7 (27598)
The best myLot idea you have ever come up with...
when i refreshed my notifs and saw your avatar, i thought, "uh-oh, i hope i didn't write anything inaccurate or misleading about mylot!" so where would the 'most recent activity' link be located?
@hereandthere #2 spot for me...that and MRD are really all I use. I kind of wish we had one for new user activity also (other than discussions).
@sishy7 (27598)
As soon as my notifications are taken cared of, I Explore everything from 'Interesting' to 'No Response'...
i don't go to interesting since it's tag-related (if i recall correctly). i think 'no response' would also show up at 'most recent discussions' and 'most recent activity'. if a post in 'top-rated discussions' receives a new response or comment, it will also show up in 'most recent activity.'
@sishy7 (27598)
@hereandthere Yes, but I don't usually go deeper than an hour on the 'Most Recent' tabs... So I catch older posts I missed from all of the other tabs...
@sishy7 i browse the Top-Rated page without logging in every day, sort of like scanning the newspaper to update myself on what happened here while i was sleeping. so by the time i finally do log in, i have an idea which discussions i want to go back to and participate in, and which i've already had my fill of. to catch other posts that i have missed, i also go to 'Follows' then 'Their Discussions' and also 'Hot Discussions.'
@averygirl72 (16617)
I wonder what time of the day here in the Philippines there are many users online
even members from the same country don't log in at the same time. let's say, california. there are several mylotters there, but some might log in in the morning, some are available in the afternoon, some prefer at night, some midnight onwards.
@Madshadi (8921)
• Brussels, Belgium
I never thought of using the recent activity to see who is online. I post mostly in the morning as it gets busier later in the day, whether people are online or not. Sometimes people respond hours after I publish a discussion.
the 'most recent activity' tab shows all activities, including most recent posts submitted. you bring up another good point. we can also just leave responses and comments and submit a discussion in the morning. then when we come back at night, we'll have lots of notifications because people were online after we logged out.
@cahaya1983 (10038)
I recently posted a discussion about the Most Recent Activity section, because that's where I get to know users who are currently active even though they haven't posted any discussions recently.
true. some of us are more active interacting than posting new discussions, so we won't show up in the 'most recent discussions' tab, but it doesn't mean we're not here or that we're inactive.
@cahaya1983 (10038)
@hereandthere Yes that's right. Not everyone posts 4-5 discussions everyday.
@cahaya1983 the micro posts one after the other tends to get in the way
@holdoors (1664)
I personally feel that it does not really matter who is online as long as there's someone there.
as long as someone's there and you like the topic, right?
@holdoors (1664)
@hereandthere That is true.
@yanzalong (10174)
No, it doesn't mater at all my friend.
yes. as long as the topic is interesting.
I think this is cool too. I sometimes will only see MY recent activity on that tab especially if its at an odd hour.
really? what time would that be?
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I've never looked at who's online or the recent activity before I decide to interact. I don't feel it's necessary to my enjoyment of the site.
some would rather post their new discussions when there are more people online, or the people they usually interact with. some say they keep scrolling and can't find new discussions they want to join. i go to 'most recent activity' and find a response or comment that jumps at me, and join there since we're also paid when we receive likes and comments while participating in other people's discussions.
@nela13 (8243)
• Portugal
Thank you, I usually only open the "Most recent discussions"
you're welcome. it's just a suggestion that others might not know about.
@nela13 (8243)
• Portugal
@hereandthere I was one of those that didn't know
@nela13 it's understandable. there are features that other members still haven't discovered, like changing their private messaging settings and learning how to delete private messages.
I don't think about it. I know when I went through my notifications first thing this morning, they went fast because no one else seemed to be online or up in my part of the world. The rest must have been at work.
No, it does not matter at all who is online, I read the discussions and I post my comment, when the users will be online, they will reply.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Yes it matters . That's the reason most of the time I browse " most recent activity" and "most recent discussion".
@YrNemo (14703)
I never worry about who is on or off line. I often go through my notification list, then read as many new discussions by the people I follow as possible...
I'm used to being online when most of the US is asleep but there are always people from other nationalities who are on when I am - just not as many of them.
That's why they reformatted mylot so that people would see who is online every day. Unfortunately, I am at fault because I don't get to check the new post or recent post these days.
@JustBhem (42846)
• Davao, Philippines
I always know who are those members are online. I know those active ones and yes, it is great to know that.
That is a good idea to go to recent activity. It is nice interacting with people from all over the world. You get to know different things about where they live.
some people feel sorry that there's no one around while they're logged in. but the truth is, you can leave a response or comment anywhere and people will respond or comment back later when they're available.
@hereandthere So true hereandthere.
I like it so much when I know who is online too at the moment I am commenting, because they would appear right away in my notifications once I have commented on their comments. Indeed, it is so nice to know that while we are awake at a certain time, others are also awake at the opposite or at a different time. This is indeed what is so nice with a site that caters internationally to all its members.
it's also good to interact with those who are new, or you haven't encountered before.
@hereandthere Of course, that is what myLot is all about , interaction with all the members.
@Meramar (2668)
What I also like is leave some response and, when I log in again a few hours later or the next day, I find plenty of new comments on my responses. The different time zones makes it difficult sometimes to stay connected at the same time. But, a very important point, is that sites like Mylot connects people all around the world and builts up the communication.
true. we can just post a discussion, leave responses and comments and the notifications will be waiting for us.
@Meramar (2668)
@hereandthere That's it, time is no problema.