What kind of singer are you?

Peoria, Arizona
I was never in a choir so I never got to find out what kind of singer I am like a soprano or whatever. I think I have a fairly only singing voice, I actually used to do covers on youtube...good god why? I actually keep thinking to do some because I think my voice has improved a lot over the years but meh! I don't know. But I was never in chorus class so I never got to find out what kind of singer I am, I took band instead and in some ways I regret that but hey I was a BA at the Clarinet. Have any of you be in a choir and know where you stand on the singing scale? Do you know what notes you can actually hit and what notes you just cannot handle. I know I cannot go low, G notes are ugh awful for me, I know my mom can hit them at times. Or are you just a person that sings and doesn't care what you sound like? I am like that, i just sing, I sing in public because I really don't care if I sound pitchy or whatever. I'm having fun and that is all that matters.
I have been known sing karaoke after a few too many drinks My cat probably sings better then me!!
• Peoria, Arizona
Karaoke is so much fun!
@DesirousDreamer yes it is.
@kavinitu (2307)
Bathroom
• Peoria, Arizona
That is the best haha
@kavinitu (2307)
@DesirousDreamer Just for me not my husband.
• Peoria, Arizona
@kavinitu He just needs to hop in haha
@FourWalls (10603)
What kind of singer am I? BAD. I always say I sing in the key of G wiz. That's why I enjoy listening to other people!!
• Peoria, Arizona
Oh my gosh that is hilarious haha
@FourWalls (10603)
@DesirousDreamer -- you wouldn't be laughing if you heard me singing!!!! Thank you. Always happy to interject some humor into the day.
@cahaya1983 (10162)
I've never sung in public and the only time I "sang" for another person was during my aural test for my practical piano exam. The examiner didn't make a face so I think it was tolerable?
• Peoria, Arizona
Perhaps! Haha!
I sing in the shower. Probably my voice is contralto.
• Peoria, Arizona
Haha who doesn't sing in the shower! It is fun!
I am the sucky singer who loves to sing
• Peoria, Arizona
That is the best though, just means you have fun
@Scrapper88 (1350)
I am not a very good singer. The only place I sing is in church.
• Peoria, Arizona
I sang at church, and even tried to get into the choir and then they literally pushed me out of the room, so...yeahhh. That was nice.
@nela13 (1155)
• Portugal
I am terrible singing
• Peoria, Arizona
Haha but that is fun! No one is terrible if they are having fun!
I was in choir/chorus in school. During my younger years I sang alto, then when I got older I sang soprano and I am more comfortable with Soprano now. I can hit high notes and I am comfortable there. =)
• Peoria, Arizona
That is so cool! I think I am a soprano, but I have no idea haha I think I need to learn a bit more about it.
I cannot sing worth a darn.
• Peoria, Arizona
I bet you can sing worth a dang though. Haha!
@DesirousDreamer Thanks Felicia, but, I sing off tune and am terrible but still love to sing along to songs I know.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Hannihar As long as you are having fun, it doesn't matter!
@dpk262006 (55768)
I am a bathroom singer.
• Peoria, Arizona
Always fun
@dpk262006 (55768)
@DesirousDreamer Yes, no one could criticize when I am singing in bathroom.
• Peoria, Arizona
@dpk262006 exactly, plus we all sound better in a bathroom because the acoustics in a bathroom is amazing!
@sabtraversa (9926)
I've been in a choir for a brief period of time, but it wasn't a serious one. I know the basics, but I'm shy, therefore not 'loud enough'. I can hit down to F3, my speaking voice is around G3/A3, that could make me a Contralto or Mezzosoprano. I don't feel too comfortable with higher notes, but maybe I sound better when I hit those. Knowing what my range is doesn't tell me what exact kind of 'operatic' singer I am, of course. I have a hard time touching and going past C6, but I can actually sound like a dog whose tail was stepped on as well. Eeeek = C6. I don't want to annoy those around me, that's why I avoid singing when I know people can hear me.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is so interesting. I am kind of around the same pitches. I can go from a C6 to a G2 I think that is called a Tori Amos? Or something like that, or basically an Alto Soprano which I think is also what my mom is. I don't know what my speaking voice is though, I should listen and find out.
@DesirousDreamer I downloaded a 'voice tuner' app for that purpose, I also noticed my mother has a lower speaking voice than mine. Well, not that low, something around F3. Smoking must have an impact, as we're both smokers.
• Peoria, Arizona
@sabtraversa My mom doesn't have that low of a voice, but it is lower than mine for sure but I think that is because she is half deaf and also a smoker. Where as I am a nasally thing haha
@nanette64 (14570)
• Fairfield, Texas
I sang in the high school choir as a Soprano @DesirousDreamer . I could still sing Soprano til my mid 30's. After that because of my smoking, it was tenor, alto, barritone and now bass. I realize those last two are considered male voices; however, I could beat them at it. When I do sing at home, the cats look at me like: "Shut Up!!"
• Peoria, Arizona
Women can reach baritone, it just isn't common haha an A cappella group would be happy with it! When I sing around my dad's dogs they just look at me and then go to sleep haha
@nanette64 (14570)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DesirousDreamer See that's the difference between you and me. Your singing is soothing whereas mine sounds like fingernails scraping on a blackboard. Oye Vay!!!
@sol_cee (13935)
• Japan
A flip-hair-don't-care-bathroom-singer. haha
• Peoria, Arizona
So much sass! I like it!
@EddieHands (34231)
I think I am a good singer.. I don;t have technical training.. but I hit the notes I want. and have my sound the way I want. As long as people enjoy.. it.. don't care about technical stuff..
• Peoria, Arizona
I wish I had training, I feel like I would be better, I know how to hit notes, I just want to know what notes I'm actually hitting.
@averygirl72 (15147)
My voice is so thin and low volume when I sing in Karaoke. When I listen to myself it seems I'm a good singer but when in public my voice is not that good because I'm nervous
• Peoria, Arizona
Singing is the only time I am not nervous around people haha
@Srbageldog (6454)
I took a voice class once. I guess I sing soprano, although I can't hit really high notes. But usually I just sing however and don't care.
• Peoria, Arizona
Most females do sing soprano so it makes sense! Singing should be fun anyway!
@sjvg1976 (15650)
I used to be a solo singer in school days with good voice and have won lots of awards for it.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is so cool!
I cannot carry a tune, according to my dad who studied voice in New York. He's right.
• Peoria, Arizona
I guess that is one way to find out haha
As a freshman in high school, I was a 1st Tenor. But that summer before my sophomore year, my voice changed and for several years I was uncomfortable singing because I had always had a higher voice and I kept trying to sing things I couldn't sing in a voice I no longer had. It wasn't until my early 30's that I started doing Karaoke almost weekly and started 'learning' my voice again. I'm more a baritone now, I can almost sing bass but not quite.
recorded at the fireside may 2012