How to gain an extra hour to myLot

Bunbury, Australia
I gained at least an hour this morning, which I’ll be able to spend myLotting. It wasn’t difficult at all – in fact I think I’ve done it once or twice before at some stage of my life. We’ve been waking up early and are often having our coffee by 5.30am or perhaps a little later. But this morning it was important that I didn’t sleep in as I had to leave the house at 7.30am to get to the hairdressers at 8. I haven’t had my hair cut since before we left for Ireland back in May. My hairdresser only works three days a week and her prices are a third those of most salons around here so I don’t mind the travelling. She is getting booked out near Christmas hence the early appointment to fit me in. Luckily I checked our appointment page on the door of the fridge – and my appointment is NEXT Wednesday. I think I’m getting old. Anyone else getting old?
@Platespinner (19205)
I'm usually up before 5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays to take the youngest child to work. Unfortunately, there are limits to what I can do around the house that early if I don't want the humans mad at me and the dog sticking her nose into whatever I'm trying to accomplish.
You can always myLot!! Do you have a long drive to take the youngest or is it just a job where she starts very early?
@JudyEv it's a very short drive, but she starts early and the road isn't safe to cycle or walk along.
@Platespinner Just another of your motherly duties.
• Eugene, Oregon
Since Anne trims what little hair I have left as needed, I have no appointments and she works pretty cheap too. Old? Who, me?
Vince could probably cut mine too .It just needs an inch off the bottom occasionally. Maybe I'll let him have a go. If he makes a mess of it, there are enough inches there for the hair-dresser to take another inch or two and tidy it up again.
@cahaya1983 (10188)
Aren't we all? I'm lucky I found one good salon that not many people go to so most of the time I just walk-in without any appointment.
That's good that you don't need to make an appointment.
@sallypup (23330)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Yup. Been there and done that. Just don't put the ice cream in the cupboard and the shortening in the freezer.
Haha! Did you do that? Oh, I feel so much better now.
@JudyEv another reason to feel better as my mom and I once found a bag of frozen peas no longer frozen on the windowsill in the dining room! No idea how it got there! She claimed she didn't put it there, and I didn't either!
@Marty1 It is amazing how things like that happen isn't it? And you can't blame Onyx either. Perhaps Marty did it!
Yes, though I don't like admitting it. My next appointment is next Wednesday also.
Is yours at 8am? Perhaps you could give me a ring on Tuesday to make sure I've remembered.
@JudyEv Sure thing. Though your 8 AM is my Tuesday afternoon I think. No, my appointment is for 1:15.
@just4him Maybe best not to ring then!
You really have a haircut so early. Usually here the hair salon will be open at least at 10am but they work until late hours at night. I hope you will have a new nice look after going to the hairdresser
I think she is opening a bit early just to fit me in before Christmas. It's very good of her. I know in France shops often opened much later than they do in Australia but stayed open much longer too. I'm just getting an inch or two cut off so I probably won't look much different.
@JudyEv I see. You are the VIP
@youless I must be, mustn't I? Perhaps she just needs a bit extra money for Christmas.
At least you didn't show up. I've done that before. Quite embarrassing.
I try to take comfort from the thought that I'm probably not the first person to do that. But yes, it is embarrassing.
I woke up late again this morning and the rain stopped compare a couple of days ago.
It was drizzling here this morning too.
Nope, I'm moving to neverland and pretending to be a lost boy, so old isn't in my future.
Good for you. That's a great way to not get old.
• Portland, Connecticut
lol I have everything on my phone and I get alerts when I have to be places, it is the only thing that keeps me on schedule.
Have you heard that saying 'Be a ware. We've got enough lerts'? Maybe I do need a mobile. I've resisted for years but maybe the time has come.
I've worked so hard the last two days that I feel very old! Can't wait to get my hair done in a couple of weeks.
My hair is very easy-care nowadays. Just a trim occasionally. I used to have it permed regularly and of course it needed trims more often then.
@shivamani10 (11154)
• Hyderabad, India
How much do you pay for hair cut? Is it a special cut or a routine cut? In India, they are charging heavily. For men they are charging Rs.250/- and for ladies it is Rs.300/-. This is about a routine cut.
I will have an inch or two cut off so it's a pretty simple trim. It would cost perhaps $A25 - $A35 in a salon and I pay $A12 so it's a good price in Australian terms.
I do not have to depend on my getting old to get that extra hour as I am an early riser even earlier than the birds (lol)
Good for you.
Everyone getting old Judy, one day at a time. I also check my calendar every day, do not want to miss important meetings.
I was so worried I'd forget it and now I have to worry for another week!
@JudyEv This is annoying. Tomorrow morning we have to go out very early, I only hope that there is no ice on the road.
@LadyDuck I think I would be very worried if I had to drive on icy roads.
Lol well I'm glad you have an extra hour to spare that you chose to spend here with us. I got a call this morning from the dentist office. They said I had an appointment at 4 that they needed to reschedule. I was so thankful as I had written on my calender the appointment was tomorrow. If they hadn't of called and rescheduled I would have missed my appointment.
Wow, that was lucky wasn't it? The professionals here (doctors, dentists) are likely to charge for missed appointments. Nowadays they usually ring the day before to remind you.
@JudyEv Thankfully this office usually does that as well. My family practitioner never does but most places do the call the day before and it really helps me with my poor memory!
@shaggin With my husband's doctor you need to make appointments about six weeks ahead of when you want them. In those cases it is very easy to forget one.
@kobesbuddy (24096)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've been a week early, different times! LOL Do we get up early? Yes, every day except for Sunday. I am definitely getting old
It's lucky I looked at the fridge as I was all set to head off.
@kobesbuddy (24096)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JudyEv I hurried off to work one morning and there weren't any other cars in the parking lot. Then, I found out, school didn't start until NOON, that day! LOL I was four hours early
@kobesbuddy Oh dear. Were you too far away to go home for a while?
• Denmark
Once I went to the dentist's two weeks before the appointment was due. The dentist was happy about a patient who couldn't wait to see him!
I bet he doesn't get too many of them!!!
• Denmark
@JudyEv You're right. There can't be many people who really like their dentists - at least not their professional side.
@FayeHazel (12374)
Ah shucks. That does happen though. I like your fridge
I keep thinking I should tidy it up but either each item has sentimental value or it has a really strong magnet, useful for holding notes.
Probably so, but I also think I have a long time to live. Glad you remembered!
I make a lot more lists than I used to.
Yes, I'm getting old too
It's not for the faint-hearted is it?