it was a spectacle

I need glasses. Well, I already own glasses but tend to wear them only when at the cinema. It's three years {I think} since I had my eyes tested and they are definitely getting worse. Long-sighted in one eye and short-sighted in the other, I am. I couldn't tell you which is which though. You know those electronic digital signs at bus stops, the ones which tell you when the next bus is due? I can't see them anymore. The bright orange of the wordage blends into one, blurring into a long orange rectangle in which I can vaguely make out the shape of an occasional letter or number. It's worse in the mornings, as if my eyes need time to wake up and adjust to the world around them. I've been suffering from headaches all week, but I wonder if this is all actually due to tiredness and exhaustion. It's nearly the end of term, and it has been a LONG term. We break up on Tuesday next week and are due back on the second. I plan on indulging in lots of sleep in the hope that eyesight will be returned to some sense of normalcy, and headaches will stop. Or, I could just wear my glasses more often!
• Riga, Latvia
Eyesight is so important. If you need to then certainly wear your glasses more often or get your eyes checked. I haven't had mine checked in a long time but in my younger days I wore contacts and now I wear glasses. However I have noticed that when I read books or I need to read fine print I have to take my glasses off so things will be clear so I know my eyes are alright.
I know! I know! I'll get them tested in the new year. In the meantime I'll wear my glasses when I need to. If I remember!
@Fleura (7054)
That's funny, I'm also long-sighted in one eye and short-sighted in the other, I've never come across anyone else like this, most people think I'm weird. One eye is dominant when reading a book, the other when watching a play from the back of the theatre. So far I have avoided glasses; I'm in denial basically.
We are special. :)
The cold and the snow did nothing good to my eyes. They are dryer than usual and I do not take enough breaks when I work at my computer to allow my eyes to rest a little. Have you tried artificial tears to moisten your eyes. This helps.
Ooh, no. I can't be doing with putting foreign objects in my eyes. *shudder* {Yep, even liquid products. It all makes me feel quite poorly}
@Poppylicious I have no choice, I have a glaucoma. I had laser surgery, but the eyes drops are important if I do not want to lose my sight.
@LadyDuck If I had no choice, I'm sure I would do it. But I would literally have to have NO choice. And the idea of laser eye surgery ... eugh!
@kepweng (9398)
do you wear contact lenses??
Eugh, no. I can't bear the idea of putting anything in my eye. Eyes make me feel yucky.
@peachpurple (12195)
I am short sighted, can't see far. 8 try not 5o strain my eyes
@YrNemo (10476)
When I was in my early to mid 40s, my eyes suddenly caused me more trouble than usual. Our local optometrists explained to me that that was part of aging. That went on for several years, then things seemed to settle down a bit until now. So far so good lately. (knock on wood!)
Sometimes I don't really like this aging lark!
@YrNemo (10476)
@Poppylicious God wants to make sure that we don't want to cling to this world too tightly!
@moffittjc (40281)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm way past due to get glasses, but I'm in complete denial still that I need them. Just like you, I can't hardly read those digital signs. And I know I get bad headaches from walking around looking at everything through blurry lenses all the time! Maybe one of these days I'll man up and go get glasses!
I think that one of the reason I put it off is that they do that air thing to your eyes at the opticians. I need to man up for that!
@moffittjc (40281)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Poppylicious I hate when they do that air thing at the opticians! I still don't understand the purpose of it, or why they haven't invented a better way of measuring whatever it is they are trying to measure or look at!
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious hope your optitican sorts it out ok soon
If I go ...
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious probably best to be safe with your eyesight
It is a good thing that I am not wearing eyeglasses at my age. I do think that we need to have regular eye check-up.
We do. It's such an expense if one does need glasses though.
@Poppylicious I hope you will have your eye check-up by this time.