Lucille

Daytona Beach, Florida
One of the greatest entertainers was able to go from country to pop and do it with style. He is well known for his gravelly voice, gray hair and beard. I am referring to Kenny Rogers who had his first number one country hit with “Lucille” in 1976. It all began in the late 1950s when he started out in R&B then to folk music with the New Christy Minstrels and to rock with The First Edition. When he chose to go solo he went straight for country music and finally got to number one. By the time he released his album Kenny Rogers’ Greatest Hits he was already fully gray and the album went straight up to the top of the Billboard 200 Pop album chart. Rogers had become a crossover superstar. By the time 1980 came round Kenny Rogers has seven number one country singles among them “Lucille”, “The Gambler” and “Coward of the County”. All three of these songs made it to the top of the Billboard pop charts along with his duet with Kim Carnes “Don’t Fall in Love With a Dreamer”. He scored a number one pop hit with “Lady” written by Lionel Richie. Rogers was now in demand on both country and pop charts. His two biggest crossover hits were duets “We’ve Got Tonight” with Sheena Easton and “Islands in the Stream” with Dolly Parton. His popularity just grew along with other songs that became number one hits like “Crazy”, “Morning Desire”, "Make No Mistake, She's Mine", "Buy Me A Rose" and “Tomb of the Unknown Love”. Today he is retired and a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame. Who is a Kenny Rogers fan?
========== HOW TO CREATE A LIVE BY REQUEST CD ========== ¦ Download YOUTUBE TO MP3 CONVERTER on the following link: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Free-Video-t...
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
The older he gets the creepier he looks.
I think he had a face lift once.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JohnRoberts he had something, and it wasn't good.
That is that botched facelift
Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town was his big hit with the First Edition.
I can't stand a couple of these but in general I love his music, Islands in the stream in particular.
Also one of my favorites @JudyEv
• Rochester, New York
he was my mom's favorite country singer at one time. Him and Conway Twitty. lol
I also love Conway Twitty songs @LisaSteinmetz
"Islands in the Stream" is one of my all time favorites.
Wow, he's had a long career.
I do love Kenny, I remember working at the coffee shop and singing along with him as the records palyed on the juke box.
@1hopefulman (29967)
I'm a fan! Here is a favorite of mine.
While she lays sleeping, I stay out late at night and play my songs. And sometimes all the night can be so long. And it's good when I finally make it home, a...
Nice one thanks for sharing @1hopefulman
I am a Kenny Roger fan and so is my husband. I love all his songs especially Lady and Don't Fall in Love With a Dreamer. Very lovely songs he made.
I can take him or leave him. He was very good at what he did.
@bunnybon7 (36883)
• Holiday, Florida
I know. and too bad you can't watch the sitcom Fresh off the Boat cause I think he has gone into restaurant business here. they have him owner of restaurants there