“How much time do you usually spend on the internet?”

I am so guilty being so addicted to the internet. It is not a secret that I am working as a Home-based ESL Teacher. Basically, I can manage my time to work 8 hours per day. I spend more than 8 hours in using my internet. It is up to me to manage my working schedule on a daily basis. “Do you spend more than 8 hours using the internet?” Image Credit: pixabay.com
No, I spend many hours at my computer because I also work using it, but I never spend more than 4 to 5 hours a day on the Internet.
If I am working on a stable writing site, I will do spend fewer hours in using an internet. I am still working on it and finding a writing site.
@Shavkat It seems harder every day to find a serious writing site.
@Shavkat Good luck, I hope it's a good paying job.
@cahaya1983 (10060)
If you use it for work then it's a bit hard not to use it for long hours unless like you said, you can manage your working schedule so you don't have to. I need the Internet to do my work, but I do take breaks in between.
My work online is flexible. I also see to it there are some breaks in between my classes online. Oh, boy! I am not a robotic man compared to other virtual teachers.
@cahaya1983 (10060)
@Shavkat I've never tried virtual teaching before. Which subjects do you teach and how long is each session?
@cahaya1983 I teach the English language only. The online class session takes 25 minutes per student.
@LeaPea2417 (19068)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I spend way too much time on the computer, ha ha.
It is nice to surf around using our computer. It is like our virtual playground.
@LeaPea2417 (19068)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@Shavkat Yes, it is. I learn a lot each day.
@LeaPea2417 I also have the same moment.
@JustBhem (31743)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes! I'm guilty as well. I can spend the whole day in front of the computer.
I think there is nothing wrong being a computer gig in our own way. At least, we are so productive in doing something, especially here n mylot.
@JustBhem (31743)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat Of course, there is nothing to be ashamed of because we are earning at the same time.
@JustBhem I agree.
@PatZAnthony (12344)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
When doing online projects it is easy for me to spend most of the day online. Otherwise, there is not much time to spend online.
I do agree with you. I also take time off using my desktop if not teaching. As an alternative, I use my mobile phone while mylotting.
@PatZAnthony (12344)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Shavkat Maybe we should limit ourselves but the world has changed and it seems we have to be online for so many things.
@PatZAnthony I do agree with you. As for me, I cannot afford to back down of not working online.
I would think some days I sure do.
We have all the options to maximixe our time in surfing the internet.
@yanzalong (10151)
As my work related to the data in the internet, I spend approximately 6 hours or maybe more. Once in a blue moon the internet has a problem. If this happens, I usually rely on my internet connection.
Well, it is nice to hear that. As for me, I cannot afford to have a poor internet connection. It's a big NO in teaching online. That's the reason why I needed to upgrade the speed of my internet.
@ridingbet (46857)
no i don't, especially if i am home from a tiring but fulfilling training at IMCU. but now that it is a weekend, i am here. i will make my CF a bit later, am still listening to the songs of the contestants of TNT Global.
I do think that you will have limited time because of your hectic schedule.
@ridingbet (46857)
@Shavkat i agree. but i counted the remaining number of days of my training and it is 10 days more before i handle my students in January 2018.
@ridingbet I envy you. I had been missing doing this training per se. I hope I can do it again soon.
@wongchoiyee (7225)
About 6 hours. I do other sites than mylot too.
It is nice that you can balance the use of the internet. I also wanted to find other ways to use my time in other things.
@Shavkat you can try doing surveys at toluna.
@wongchoiyee I will try to check it, my friend. Thanks. Can I ask how does this site pay? Is it through PayPal?
@kobesbuddy (40647)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm probably online about three hours per day. Between login times, I get other important things done. Then, I'm online for about one more hour.
It is nice, my friend. You can handle the routine of using the internet. I was also thinking if I can survive without internet. I think I can't. How about you, friend?
@kobesbuddy (40647)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Shavkat I'm not sure, I do enjoy so many people online!
@kobesbuddy I do think that I enjoyed interacting with you and the rest of virtual friends here.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Well, I can spend whole day. I mean 12 hours a day online. I don't know what I do online. But I find time passing by so fast. What do you think about it?
I can do more than 12 hours if I am so into working online. I think there is nothing wrong if you spend more than 12 hours. As long as you are being productive in using the internet.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@Shavkat Yes. that is what always say.
@cherriefic (4331)
• Baguio, Philippines
Guilty as charged! I spent more than 10-12 hours a day online.
We had committed a perfect crime.lol I think you do online business. Correct me if I am wrong.
• Baguio, Philippines
@Shavkat Correct. That's why I have to spend so much time online aside from my usual browsing.
@cherriefic Why don't you try to teach online? I think it is a good niche.
@Icydoll (13169)
I can spend whole day ..that much addiction to it.but trying to change
I can do the same thing if I am so motivated. I think we can still activate our self-control.
Once I switch on my computer it is kept on till the evening and I get there as and when I have some time to spare. Yes. Quite some time (lol)
That's an easy yes, I do spend more than 8 hours on the Internet and probably just as much on the computer, not the Internet working on my writing.
@averygirl72 (16675)
I spend at least 8 hours in the internet. This is my life. This keeps me busy while staying at home
It is nice to be productive with the aid of an internet and computer. That's the reason why I am here. I am maximizing all the resources that I have.
@kavinitu (4370)
As much as I can. I am addicted
I have the same situation. But then, I am more on earning through the use of the internet.
@JESSY3236 (6071)
I'm guilty of spending too much time on the computer. Most of the time it's spend looking up stuff to buy. lol
That would be entertaining to do, my friend. It will be a nice shopping spree for you.
Hmmm, I spend 8 hours at internet.
I am sure it is relatef to your work.
More then I should~