Favorite non fiction books?

Happy Friday all! Today will hopefully be a shorter day for me (at training until at least 3) but later in the evening will be attending a Nutcracker play downtown. Best part - the tickets were free through my sisters school. Yay for free! I recently adopted another soldier with the AdoptASoldier program. Essentially what this entails is sending care packages and letters to a deployed soldier. Sometimes in their profiles they will advise what types of things they would like to receive. This new soldier I have designated he likes "nonfiction books". This is a huge genre. What kind of nonfiction books?! Memoirs, manuals, travel books, self help books - ? Anyway, this is where I need your help. All I know is he is 22 years old, some type of mechanic in the army, and deployed for the first time. And he likes non fiction books. Do you have any to suggest? Help appreciated!
That is a huge selection of genre's to choose from. Maybe, something humorous would work for him.
Thats what I am thinking..humorous, positive or inspirational for sure.
A very good program that you are a part of . Did he specify what kind of non fiction books? . Perhaps he may like one on the life of the man who built the first airplane.
Good idea. And no he gave me no other specifics.
I love memoirs. They are my first choice. For an older book, but a great one, In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. If he is age 22, he probably has not read it yet. Books, that are memoir-like, that I have read and passed on to my husband since the books are more for guys are The Power of One, The Magnificent Life of Edgar Mint, and The Art of Fielding.