All I Want for Christmas Is...

Pixabay image
Rochester, New York
I have had a few folks at work ask this very difficult question. I mean as an adult how do you answer this without sounding like a really selfish person? So I said... ~ I want money so that I can clear up my siblings debts and buy them homes and reliable cars. I want to be able to take my entire family on a vacation to Europe. I would love for them to go see the beauty that is Salzburg, Austria. ~ I want for there to be peace on earth. I want children to be able to go outside and not worry about anything other than having fun. I want them to enjoy the peace and not deal with gun fire and fears of being attacked. ~I want the hate to be gone. I want everyone to realize that we are all human, our skin color shouldn't divide us like it currently does. What do you want?
It is simple for me. I just wanted to make my family complete. I don't expect any tangible things. The presence of immediate family is enough to celebrate happiness with them.
• Rochester, New York
True, but my family is currently divided and the only way to bring them together is to be financially free.
@LisaSteinmetz I am sorry to hear that. I am still fortunate that my siblings are not putting money into the relationship.
My Christmas wish is for there to be no more cancer.
• Rochester, New York
Very good wish right there! I hope that comes true.
Amen my friend. I hope your wish will come true.
• Rochester, New York
I wish they would. It would be nice to have peace instead of hate.
Gifts cards would be just fine. I think it's nice to answer that as an adult. But I would be reasonable.
• Rochester, New York
I hope everything I stated was reasonable. lol
A simple wish for me, no more people who suffer for famine and diseases.
• Rochester, New York
That is an excellent wish. I hope that comes true.
@shivamani10 (11188)
• Hyderabad, India
Is this not sounding routine? Think something more. The reply should be unique...The cards are very nice.
• Rochester, New York
No that's pretty much it for me. What would you reply with?
@lady1993 (20065)
I cannot really think of much... but money does solve a lot things. I just want my dad to win the lottery so we can fix our house and buy stuff that needs to be replaced
• Rochester, New York
I do hope that comes true for your family.
@rina110383 (24070)
Just 24/7 safety, security and good health for my parents. That has always been my Christmas and birthday wish even in the past.
• Rochester, New York
Mine as well. I hope yours comes true for you and your family.
@1creekgirl (11961)
You've pretty much covered the important issues. Merry Christmas.
• Rochester, New York
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
@YrNemo (14717)
I have a list of wishes for myself this year because things have fallen apart lately for the last decade. More, and I think I will lose my sanity completely. I have never wished for anything for myself ever, but this time, if someone gave me a magic wand, I surely would be selfish and whack that wand north south east west just to get everything back to normal just as before .