Good Saturday Morning!

Good Saturday morning everyone! Although its Saturday we are both up really early. But, we have a busy day planned today. We have our family's Christmas this afternoon in the town near where we used to live. Its about an hour's drive from here. Our son and his wife viewed a home in that vicinity last week and are having a second viewing, which they have asked us to join them at today. So, just before the party, we will all meet at a home that they like and then after we view it we will all go to the party together. But......before all of that fun I still have to get groceries. I also have to do up some red cabbage. I have a brother-in-law that just loves it, so I bring it every year to our party. But, on the bright side, the stuffing is all done that I'm bringing as well as the jello. What are you up to this Saturday morning? ~Photo is mine of the guys doing dishes after our Christmas meal
• Olney, Illinois
Well, I was getting ready to respond, and I grabbed my mug to take a drink of coughee first, only it was empty, so what I am up to is making another cup of coughee.
G'mornin JJ and Scar! I hope that you have a good day today.
I hope you have a wonderful day! =) It sounds like it will be a lovely day for you, and I'm so glad.
Thanks, I'm pretty pumped about it. Since we are such a huge family we only gather once a year. Our nephew brought his new born last year and I haven't seen him since.......he could be walking around today. ALOT happens in all of our lives in a year and its so great to catch up again. I'm looking forward to seeing Simon and his parents and his grandparents today.
@Juliaacv Yes many things do change in a year! Have a great time. =)
@LovingMyBabies We're so excited. Now we have to let the red cabbage boil for an hour before loading everything up in the car and driving down. This will be a very long hour I'm afraid because we're both pretty excited.
I bet the house is lovely! And hope you all have a wonderful time together today
I did not really care for the house we viewed, but there are so few homes on the market and they really do want to move. I preferred the last one that they looked at over this one. This one was a cookie-cutter home to me, such a plain floor plan.
@Juliaacv aw . Which one do they like best
@Courtlynn They liked them both, but they cannot seem to get the first home's owners to agree to sell. The one that they looked at yesterday the owners want a longer closing.
@thelme55 (13711)
Have a wonderful Christmas party. I just stay at home as I am still sick.
I'm sorry to hear that, feel better soon.
@thelme55 (13711)
@Juliaacv thank you.
cleaning house.company coming tonight.This is the only time we clean.Company
Have fun with your company, I know that you will!
@Juliaacv will try.Have to put on my fun face
@PainsOnSlate (19899)
have a great time with your family today. I'm staying home and hope to get out tomorrow to finish the shopping. Then the baking starts...
I should pick up that last gift today, oh why did I leave it so late?
Hope you have an excellent Saturday! I did a little shopping and now headed to work. Have a goodone!
Thanks, I hope that you have a good shift at work.
Hope you enjoyed your party and I love red cabbage too. Today was just a busy "at home" day...waited for my new dryer to be delivered, wrote out the last of my Christmas cards, wrapped gifts and hoping to relax tonight and catch up on some tv while my daughter is at her Christmas party
The arrival of a new appliance was always a somewhat exciting day in our household too. I loved checking out the new features after it was installed.
We were supposed to go out of town but our plans changed. So I just did a couple errands in town and am catching up on things in the house today. Enjoy your family's party today.
Thanks, it was a lot of fun.
The party sounds like such a good time for all. So nice of you to cook up that red cabbage for your brother-in-law!
Thanks, we had a lot of fun together.
Are you doing the "sweet and sour red cabbage"? I love that stuff.
Yes, what I make is tart and sweet, they love it and gobble it up.
How do you make that cabbage? I am always looking for new ideas. I hope this is the house for them and have a wonderful time with the family.
I will pm you the recipe. Its quite easy actually, but not liking it, I have to follow the recipe to the letter as I cannot taste it and add more of this or that.
Good morning and have a great time at your party.
Good morning John, thanks, we usually have a blast together.
Working these finger to get gift cards. I am happy about that.I wish you a wonderful time.
Oh thanks Sharon. We have a lot to do before we can leave. My husband seems to be moving pretty slowly this morning, and I need him with me at the grocery store.
@dodoazo (16232)
Nothing much. I have just finished my Saturday class on Institute of Religion.This is the 2nd day of our Festival of Lights. We have a bad weather today. There is no fun or Christmas presentation in the plaza.
Sorry to hear of that, I hope that the weather clears.
@dodo19 (31353)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It does sound like you have a busy day today. I hope it goes well for you. I don't have much planned today. My husband and I will pick up our kids a little later this morning, since they had a sleepover at grandma's house. Otherwise, it'll be a quiet day, I think.
Enjoy your time together after you get the kids home again. I'm actually waiting for my husband to finish showering, and I'm watching Christmas Shoes on utube, and bawling my eyes out. That is such an emotional movie.
• Marion, Kansas
At this point I am barely up.
Right now I'm watching the show Christmas Shoes on utube, and bawling my eyes out. That is such an emotional movie.
@rina110383 (24148)
Stayed home the entire day and washed my blankets so I could perspire this cold Saturday. Did some cleaning.
You've been busy, time for a rest soon I hope.