What are your Thoughts when you Wake up in the Morning?

Morning
@Shiva49 (14217)
Singapore
Sleep refreshes both the body and the mind. I have to recollect my thoughts at times who I am and where I find myself in when I wake up. Soon the challenges of the day present themselves. We have carryforward issues and fresh ones to tackle every day. My reaction generally is to collect my thoughts and plan my day; prioritize to carry out the tasks. Normally, I finish whatever I can the same day to avoid postponing doing what needs to be done. That helps towards better rest and sleep. I give a positive spin even when things are overwhelming. Attempt one task at a time is my mantra and not multi-task. Do my best and accept the result has given me peace of mind; then disappointments prove short term. How do you feel when you wake up in the morning, refreshed or apprehensive? Image: Wikimedia Images
My first thought when I wake up is to give thanks for waking up. I then think of what I will do for the day .
@Shiva49 (14217)
Yes, feeling grateful. I too feel blessed when I am up and about, feeling healthy, when starting the day. Nothing is assured in life - siva
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
That is quite great @Kandae11
I absolutely agree. Acknowledgement of God for allowing us to see or experience another day of life is very appropriate and respectful. I think about the fact that there are those who do not wake up from their rest because of natural causes or a medical event that occurred during their sleep. How sad and unfortunate.
@nomus24g (25114)
I feel like going back to sleep again n extend by sleeping hour a bit :)
@Shiva49 (14217)
Normally I get up once I wake up as thoughts of pending issues are the trigger - siva
@nomus24g (25114)
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
@nomus24g I too feel like going back to sleep once I wake up in the morning.
Beautiful picture! My thoughts in the morning vary.
@Shiva49 (14217)
Thanks, nature is inviting us to wake up and enjoy the day! I wake up with hope and, sometimes, apprehension - siva
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
@Shiva49 Yes sometimes one feels very optimistic yet at other times, worries take the better of us!
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
@Shiva49 thanks for the positive comments.
@PainsOnSlate (20652)
Never apprehensive, I tend to live in a positive attitude home where life is good, and negativity is not allowed. Of course some days there are some fears and worries about things that are going on with our health and home but rarely. I am always grateful for another day after a good night sleep. That photo is lovely!
@Shiva49 (14217)
Thank you. I can feel that you are positive after reading few of your posts. Yes, health is always of some worry. I am up and about especially when some work is pending. When we wake up and start another day it is indeed a blessing. Sound sleep recharges our system - siva
@Shiva49 Life is good, when I get up I make the coffee for my husband and I, he goes the the YMCA for exercise and I bring my coffee to the computer to say good morning to my myLot friends. I hope you have a good day!
@Shiva49 (14217)
@PainsOnSlate Thank you, that is the way to rise and shine. I too am anxious to log in to myLot even when I am not at home. I try to respond everyday but I wait to get back thome base to post my discussions. Wish you happy days for years to come - siva
@Wogiam (66)
I have different thoughts when I wake up each morning, mostly, thankful to be alive then I pray or when I am late, I think of how fast I can get ready and leave the house.
@Shiva49 (14217)
I am now retired, so things are more stable with regard to time. I recall some days when I had to complete jobs within deadlines and I used to wake up and leave for work earlier.Till the job was done I felt burdened I make prayers a part of all activities - sort of thinking of our creator all the time. Then we do what is right and with confidence and gratefulness - siva
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
Yes praying does helps.
I always thing, "Do I have to go somewhere today to accomplish a task?" If I do not have to go somewhere, I am happy. If I do, not so happy.
@Shiva49 (14217)
Yes, it is tough to get out of my comfort zone nowadays, that is my home, but once I get going I enjoy that too! siva
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
@Corbin5 sometimes I too feel bad if I need to go to one or more places, yet I think we have to be mentally strong to be ready to be on move, lest our objectives suffer.
It really depends on the day. Most of the time I wake up and think about all of the work that I have to do that day and how much I need to earn online that day. Setting goals and then getting up to complete them.
@Shiva49 (14217)
I have no daily goals with regard to earning. I managed to save during my earning years but then expenses are elastic and we tend to spend more when we have money with us! Waking up to our daily grind is a challenge for most - siva
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
That's great @AnnaAutopsy
My first instinctual thoughts are to get moving and do everything possible that I can. I deliberately have to keep the dark thoughts at bay or I would not move.
@Shiva49 (14217)
Yeah, that is the way to press on. Better to get going, do what we have to do, else they become a mental burden. We have to chip away the worries bit by bit - siva
@sjvg1976 (18403)
When I wake up in the morning after doing the normal chores I prepare a list of works that I have to complete at home and finish them on priority.
@Shiva49 (14217)
Normally I do the list mentally and one by one the job gets done. There should be a real reason to postpone them and not due to laziness! I tried to do office work at the office and after office hours are for family only - siva
I pray as soon as I open my eyes, make the bed, then run to the bathroom. lol. After that, I can prioritize my day.
@Shiva49 (14217)
One cannot avoid the first of all priorities, goes without saying! The greatest of blessings is getting up healthy and fit to face the world with a smile - siva
@Shiva49 Absolutely!
• Preston, England
while working very early hours my first reaction is a desire to go back to bed
@Shiva49 (14217)
Waking very early is tough especially in a cold climate like you have there. However if something important needs attention then I do not have the luxury of being in the bed any longer - siva
• Preston, England
@Shiva49 same here, going back to bed is just not an option
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
To be truthful, on most of the days, I do not even try to think or feel anything. The foremost thing on the weekdays is to get kids ready on time for school. So being mindless helps. Then, I have to make myself go to the office on time. Occasionally, there is a laziness. Sometimes, I think if God would feel bad about me if I am lazy. Yet at other times, I think that God will understand. Weekends are better, but sometimes traveling is a big bother even on the weekends. And Saturdays and Sundays when I can sleep a lot are always welcome.
@Shiva49 (14217)
I make a mental note the previous day and then recollect them on waking up. Some tasks are everyday but we have others that we accumulate and I think over whether the time has come to tackle them too. When my son was with us, I was anxious he went to school and for other activities. I worked around his schedule too. When we work hard, we are entitled to enough rest and time for ourselves. We have to be healthy to look after others who depend on us - siva
@ptrikha_2 (10805)
@Shiva49 yes but sometimes the rest eludes us. But I try to make up on the weekends.
I'm thinking how fortunate I am that Jehovah God has allowed me to see another day.
@Shiva49 (14217)
Being grateful to our creator for the gift of another day is the first step to a meaningful life - siva
@Shiva49 Yes I agree. After all, how could we make it without God in our life? It only makes common sense to cling to the Creator because no one is more powerful, wise, or loving than God is.
There are times I feel I got enough sleep and other times not enough. I have a white noise machine that is great and I do not always here my alarm go off so wake up to check to see that I still have time to sleep and therefore do not get enough sleep. I was suppose to go to help my decluttering lady today but she is sick so I went back to bed.
@Shiva49 (14217)
A positive take while waking up helps a lot. Clearing up all issues the previous day helps so that we look for a fresh day with hope and anticipation. I try to sleep regular hours so that I remain healthy - siva
@Shiva49 I am happy for you siva. I do not always go to bed or get up the same time each day.