Why do that??

Pixabay image
Rochester, New York
I'm in a few Facebook groups about random things... Christmas, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, etc.. Every single day I get on Facebook there is a post from someone saying that they are leaving the group. They make a big dramatic post about why they are leaving and then stick around long enough to read the comments, but never respond to the comments on the dramatic post. One woman posted over 10 photo's of the Christmas trees that she has done in the past. She said she was leaving the group because her photo's didn't receive an ample amount of likes and comments. Are you in any groups on Facebook? Have you seen these kinds of posts?
@1hopefulman (31632)
I rarely go to Facebook. I spent all my time here. MyLot is much more interesting!
• Rochester, New York
I go on it almost daily to chat with family and to catch up with some ladies in a group I'm in.
@1hopefulman (31632)
@LisaSteinmetz I prefer talking on the phone with my family and communicate that way. Glad that Facebook serves a purpose for you.
@cahaya1983 (10039)
Yeah I've seen those members, I just ignore them most of the time. If I want to leave a group, I just leave. Don't understand why they have to make it so dramatic.
• Rochester, New York
Attention seekers begging to be noticed.
@josie_ (7409)
Haven't use FB for quite a while. Most of the groups I join have specific interest like poetry, writing, religion and politics. Those last two subjects always have tons of comments.
• Rochester, New York
I belong to craft, Christmas, and a few groups relating to tv shows.
Yes and it does not bother me one bit. Some people need to express themselves.. I read and leave simple as eating pie.
• Rochester, New York
It's OK to express yourself, but to beg for attention like that isn't necessary.
I do not join groups in Facebook, I only use my account to keep in touch with close friends.
• Rochester, New York
I use it mostly to keep up with family members that i haven't seen in a while. I do have a few groups that I love as a few are crafts and another is simply friends.
@hereandthere (32489)
i guess they waiting for people to say 'don't leave'
• Rochester, New York
I know and when they don't get that they have a tantrum.
Those kind of people exist everywhere, both online and offline. They're the sort of people who just post updates saying, I'm so sad! without offering an explanation ... then they sit and wait for all the Awww, what's up, hun? before responding with, I'll message you! They do irk me muchly.
• Rochester, New York
They are hard to ignore at times because it happens so much. It's like they're saying "Pay attention to me I'm bored!!!"
@rina110383 (24072)
No, I don't have an account on Facebook.
• Rochester, New York
I have two, but I only use 1. lol
Facebook is super lame at times.
• Rochester, New York
Yes it is. I rarely post anything there and just play games with my niece.
@kobesbuddy (52662)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I don't do very much on Facebook, there's usually fighting going on somewhere. I have more important things to do, than argue online.
• Rochester, New York
I avoid the arguments when I can. If I see one then I hide it from my feed. I don't need to see anyone else's drama.
@kobesbuddy (52662)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LisaSteinmetz Childish behavior isn't my cup of tea. If they act like children, they need to go play are a daycare center.