Three days left to write to Santa Claus

@topffer (36371)
Djibouti, Djibouti
Like every year the French postal service offers a free secretariat to Santa Claus («Père Noël» in French) who responds personally to each letter received. Any letter sent to «Père Noël» in France will be re-directed to Santa Claus secretariat, but the secretariat has also an official address : Père Noël 33 500 Libourne FRANCE The service is completely free, there is no need to put a stamp on your letter, and Santa Claus responded to 1.2 million letters from 140 countries last year, but, caution, the secretariat closes on December 22d. It is probably too late to write from outside of Europe now, but Santa Claus has also a website where you can write to him : pere-noel.laposte.fr and click on «Ecris-moi» (Write Me) and he will send you a real letter back by snail mail !
Découvrez le site du Père Noël. Vous pourrez lui écrire une jolie lettre accompagnée d’un dessin. Et pour patienter jusqu’à Noël, découvrez de nombreuses pour les petits et les plus grands.
• Calgary, Alberta
Can he give me three sexy Librarians who are in lust with me? That is all I want in Christmas.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
Ask him. He responds only by snail mail (it is a web owned by the postal service), so I am not sure that his response will reach you before Christmas.
@CaptAlbertWhisker ! I hope your wishes come true !
@topffer I may have to file this one away for next Christmas. I had forgotten it this year. I'll still go check it out later though. Thanks!
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
You will receive the letter after Christmas, or even next year, but you have until tomorrow to leave a message on the web.
• Uzbekistan
There is also such a post office in Germany.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
I did not knew that. This French free service is about 50 years old. I should have posted this 1 month ago, but thanks to their web, they send back a letter to any child writing a mail on the site, so it is not too late.
Joyeux Noel! I know that much French.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
Merry Christmas to you !
I had forgot this nice habit, I will check the site, even if, at my age, I feel a bit silly.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
If you know a philatelist collecting letters/"entiers postaux" you can still fill the form before December 22nd with the name and address and I am sure he/she will be pleased to add a letter from the "Père Noël" to his/her collection.
@topffer I am going to send one to our friend who lives in Monte-Carlo.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
@LadyDuck Good idea, he will receive it before Christmas
@YrNemo (14768)
hmm, I should keep that address for my young relatives. They are all keen to send Santa Clause a few notes (to ask for more toys!).
@YrNemo (14768)
@topffer I was keen to send one to the North Pole a few weeks ago, but the stamp here to Santa Clause has always been a bit cutthroat for the last few years (the price keeps coming up and up and up, almost like the speed of rockets go into space!). If my young relatives have some reply from your Santa Clause, that would be extremely wonderful. (One was asking me to ready some cookies and a glass of milk for her Santa Clause this year to my horror!)
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
@YrNemo They certainly will, but the letter will be delivered in your country after Christmas now. Next year I need to advertize earlier about this. The French secretariat opens in November, and you do not need to put any stamp to receive a response.
@YrNemo (14768)
@topffer Love Santa Clause from your country for that! (Ours are very mercenary and should be hung or executed! )
@YrNemo (14768)
Just to let you know Santa Clause sent someone here a letter. She giggled reading it, thought it was amusing. (Thanks for that link!)
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
It is a concrete proof that Santa Claus is real. Was it a letter sent from his North Pole office (you wrote you sent one there) or a letter sent from his French office ?
@YrNemo (14768)
@topffer I used the link you gave us here (email?). French Santa Clause is harder working perhaps? Cute though, seeing the envelope.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
@YrNemo Then Santa wrote in English ?
@DaddyEvil (26042)
• Aurora, Missouri
So, Top, did you write a letter to Santa this year? And did you receive everything you wanted for Christmas?
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
Personally I do not believe anymore in Santa Claus since I vote. I buy myself a gift every year. This year it is a bluetooth headset.
@DaddyEvil (26042)
• Aurora, Missouri
@topffer That's what I've always done at Christmas, too! (grinning at you!) I didn't need to this year, though. Pretty actually got one for me! She got me a very nice (fancy) flashlight!
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
@DaddyEvil You are now able to find your way in the darkness of life.
That is a wonderful service
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
It is not too late : you will receive a letter from Santa Claus if you use their web and give your postal address. You can leave the address of somebody collecting stamps, a letter from the French Santa might be appreciated in a collection, and it is completely free with no risk to be spammed (it is an administration).
@topffer I just might do that......thanks
That is so nice! Does he read English?
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
Yes, he speaks several languages. If you have a philatelist friend, you can send a message and fill the form with his address on the website before Dec 22nd and he will receive a snail mail from Santa which is a valuable curiosity I think. Free gift from the French postal office.
@topffer Thanks for the information. That's a neat idea.
@kepweng (19182)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
santa is in Finland i Wonder if hes Cart and Deer is Really Flying
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
It is well known that he is in the North Pole, but he has many postal addresses.
I always wrote to the North Pole where Santa Claus lives.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
His French office is completely free, but it is sadly too late for this year.
I had no idea you could write to Santa online now.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
It is a web pertaining to the French postal administration, you can send a message, but he only responds by snail mail, he is old school.
@BarBaraPrz (21036)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
But kids who were really on the ball wrote to Santa at his personal address: Santa Claus North Pole H0H 0H0 Canada
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
Lol, he has addresses in many countries, but his French secretariat responds to any country.
Nice post, haha.
@topffer (36371)
• Djibouti, Djibouti
Thank you, if you have children, it is not too late to write a mail and they will receive a letter.
@garymarsh6 (14501)
You can do the same here in the UK and write to Santa/Father Christmas Santa's Grotto Reindeerland XM4 5HQ But you have to put a stamp on the letter otherwise it will not go!