People of facebook - a constant complainer

I take screenshots that I save of mylot conversations so I can remember thing about people I will forget since my memory is so poor. The screenshots are in a private folder on facebook labeled "people of mylot" Have you ever seen the clips of "people of walmart" they are awful but a riot at the same time. I have a friend whose mother in law appeared in one. This lead me to thinking about the people of facebook and I could make quite a few posts like this over time. So today I bring you ... A constant complainer.. He's in his 50s. He and his girlfriend both receive disability, medical assistance and food stamps so if they are careful with how the spend their money they will be fine where they live in a trailer park. He posted today how he has no job and no money its going to be a horrible Christmas. What I wanted to say was that if he stopped buying "grass", cigarettes and beer he could afford a lot more. But I was nice instead and said he doesn't have kids expecting gifts. I said its not about the gifts that as long as he has someone he loves to spend the day with thats better than anything money can buy. He said thats just it they have no one. I said they have each other and to not exchange gifts with each other this year if moneys low that she should understand. He deleted my commented and posted another about his father never does anything for "us kids" lol I'm unfriending him as I can't deal with his constant pity parties all the time.
Te good thin is he has a roof over his head. screw him.
That’s what I thought to! People are to spoiled by material things. I love spending time with my man I don’t want gifts. Time with him is a gift enough for me.
@bunnybon7 (35549)
• Holiday, Florida
@shaggin you are a good wonderful gal for him to have. hope he knows how lucky he is.
@bunnybon7 I hope. We've been together on and off for 5 years. It usually takes him losing me to appreciate me which isn't good.
He is probably hoping for handouts.
@bunnybon7 (35549)
• Holiday, Florida
that's what I say too
Yes I am sure he is! He used to call my husband years ago when he was alive begging for money. It was so annoying. We were pretty poor ourselves and had two babies.
Some do it on purpose to try getting handouts. Others really just want to vent. But can get annoying depending on how its done and how often. But then again, we should all be able to vent / "complain" about things without being commented on about it. Otherwise, whats the point of talking. Especially when people say all the time to not keep things in and what not.
I think if they don’t want comments they shouldn’t write anything at all. This guy used to call my husband once a week when he was alive nagging for money. I don’t have much patience left for him when he constantly writes nasty stuff about people who don’t do things for him when he wants them to like give him rides far away etc. I am always there for people on Facebook to be an ear for who needs it but this guys just gotten under my skin to many times. If he has money for “grass” to smoke he has more then I’ve got to waste.
@shaggin if its stuff like that. Nasty things thats different. But just sayinf they wish they could have more fmto do a nice Christmas and stuff. Then yeah
@Courtlynn He always writes nasty stuff he's got a rotten attitude and is always miserable. The day before he wrote f every single person in this town lol What I said was in a nice way trying to show him even if he can't buy things for Christmas to try to appreciate what he does have. I can't remember the exact wording but it was nicer then the way it sounds here. Sometimes people don't know any better then to think the way they always have unless someone shows them a different view.
The ones that bug me are the knee jerk conservatives, and yeah, the constant gripers. I had to delete one of my cousins because all she ever did was complain and want to get into political debates. She was awful! Her brother is annoying as well..but he isn't abusive like she was.
When it comes to politics things can get really nasty on Facebook I stay out of those conversations completely!
Awww I would NOT unfriend a person cause they are of low esteem or feeling sorry for themselves but rather try and increase their own self worth and guide them in a caring manner . . . you kind of did what he never thought you would. How does that make you feel ?
Usually I just unfollow people for a bit but this was the third time I unfollowed someone who always says nasty things. He never has anything nice to say and constantly swears on there writings posts saying this person is a blah blah blah just because they won't give him rides places when he blows his money on bad habits. He used to call my husband years ago when he was alive once a week begging for money and he had more money then we did! I just am sick of him he had to get out of my feed. I was nice what I said and so was the next guy but he deleted both comments. He just wants to stay miserable.
@shaggin sounds like this guy really just needs some true love to fill his veins that are currently iced over and making him so cynical . . . YOU could be that person
@enlightenedpsych2 nope if I get to involved in things like that it brings me down and I get more depressed. I have to stay out of things as I have bad depression on his own.
I'm glad I'm not on FB. I can't stand people who complain all the time and won't take some responsibility for their circumstances.
That sums him up perfectly! I love facebook but people who are nasty and miserable all the time like this guy spoil it.
@shaggin Vince is in a couple of photo groups and some others but most don't put up with hostility.
@JudyEv I’m on a local rock painting group and you would not believe the drama that goes on on there
@bunnybon7 (35549)
• Holiday, Florida
sounds also like he is looking for a hand out. I often post sad things here but at least I am not looking for a hand out. sympathy maybe but that is when folks step up and give good advice that costs nothing. I see what you are saying. I usually unfriend people on FB that posts a lot of scary things about abuse and I don't need brought down like that. I mean photos of kids and animals being abused. that just gets me after a while if they do it constant like that. also folks that I have there that I forget why I friended them cause they never interact with anything I say.
I hate those animal and child abuse videos as well. I do NOT want to see that! I know it happens and its terrible but I don't want to see the evidence of it that will leave me feeling heartbroken all day.
It doesn't bother me when people here write about their troubles. Even on facebook it usually doesn't bother me but because I know what this guy wastes his money on and blames everyone else for his troubles I just couldn't stand it any longer.
@bunnybon7 (35549)
• Holiday, Florida
@shaggin I sure get that. sounds like all he gets on there for is to ask for help with money etc. I would dump him too
@cahaya1983 (10060)
Oh I've seen all sorts of people on Facebook so I totally understand your decision to unfriend that person. But I still don't get why he would delete your comment, not like you said anything nasty.
It was written nicer then it sounds here but I couldn’t remember the exact words I wrote. Another guy had written that he couldn’t afford to buy his wife anything for Christmas this year. I commented to that guy that I am sure she will understand and love him just same. The guy deleted both those comments as well. I think the guy was trying to sympathize with him so I don’t know why he deleted that!
@cahaya1983 (10060)
@shaggin That is strange. I wonder what he was expecting people to say when he posted it in the first place.
@cahaya1983 probably was hoping we would give him money so he won’t have to call around bugging people like usual.
I don't blame you. Sometimes, I think it's OK to complain because we all need to vent, but I can't stand constant negativity. I thought what you said was perfect, and he didn't want to hear it because people like that love their own misery.
This man used to call my husband all the time years ago begging for money. He’s a mooch and just wants people to bad for him.
@shaggin I think they start young doing this. There's a girl in our apartments that goes to Skylar's middle school. She's always knocking on the door wanting cokes, water and once money to go to the store. Friday, she wanted a pair of Skylar's pants so she could look good for her boyfriend. We never give her anything but water if it's really hot outside. I picture the guy on your Facebook acting this way when he was young.
@misunderstood_zombie I wonder if that child is being neglected at home?
@YrNemo (11254)
That guy seems to be very pessimistic isn't he? I don't visit FB often so I miss out all the fun there .
This is part of what makes it not fun is miserable people. I'm always reaching out to those going through hard times but this guy is just nasty and miserable 24-7. I can't deal with it anymore seeing it getting on my nerves so I unfriended him.
@YrNemo (11254)
He sounds like a complete loser and I'd delete him immediately!
I just did lol. I rarely delete anyone but he was really getting on my nerves all the things he writes constantly complaining. I like to pop on facebook and see what people are up to but his posts was spoiling my feed.
@shaggin I'm the same as you. I pop on and off to see what's happening, then pop right off. lol
@JESSY3236 (6095)
He probably likes to complain. My uncle's friend is like that. He doesn't see the good in things.
I used to be extremely pessimistic an miserable years ago until a friend said something about it and I realized he was right. I never thought anything of it before because it is how my mother was.
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Posts like that surely dampen one’s mood. There are millions of things to be grateful. If only people try to open their eyes.
Some people just don't even see how pessismistic and miserable they are.
I hate those professional complainers, unfriend him.
I did yesterday!
@lady1993 (16391)
i wonder why people do that on social media though... private stuff should be kept private. I just ignore the facebook posts that rant on their problems
I don’t mind them posting personal things as it’s no different then us doing it here. I like to be there for others who are upset and I go out of my way to offer to help a lot of times or just to be someone they can talk to. This guy is just miserable and obnoxious all the time I don’t want it showing up in my Facebook feed anymore.
@rina110383 (24145)
I hate people who spend money on wants rather than on needs, especially if they don't have the means. That constant pity parties of his are annoying. Glad you unfriended him.
If people have extra money and work hard and want to spoil themselves great but guys like this do nothing and just expect everyone to give them things and throw a fit over everything. He could buy things he needs if he gave up all those bad habits!
@Platespinner (16528)
As a culture, we seem to have made the season all about the wrong things.
I agree. He is always just throwing himself a pity party and wanting people to give him money. He has more money in his household then I do and years ago when my husband was alive this guy used to call about once a week begging for money. He was a huge nuisance.
@Angela150 (958)
• London, England
That is very true. "As long as he has someone he loves to spend the day with that's better than anything money can buy. "
I'm glad you agree. I don't even want anyone spending money on me I'd rather they save their money for something they really need.