My Body Is Betraying Me

@fishtiger58 (30383)
Momence, Illinois
So very sorry I haven't been here much the past few weeks. My health is ok but my body is not. Still having big problems with my back. My husband has been on me about seeing a doctor, which is not something I do often at all. It's probably been 8 years since I have seen a doctor. But I finally went as my back just didn't want to seem to get any better. My doctor suggested a Chiropractor, and my insurance pays for that so off I went. I had no idea how many times I would have to go. I have been 4 times already with 2 more visits this week. It is helping and I absolutely love getting my neck cracked. As well as problems with my back I told the Chiropractor I have problems with my neck and shoulders. They are pretty quick visits but it seems I am running constantly these days. Because I haven't been to a doctor in 8 years there are many other things I have to get done. No coffee yet this morning as I have blood work in about an hour. I also have a Ear Nose and Throat doctor appointment as for the past year or so I have had this incredibly itchy ear. You know the way down deep inside itch. As well I have an appointment with a Podiatrist for a bit of a problem with my foot. And then I have the lady stuff to take care of as well. So a mammogram has been scheduled and after the holidays I will go see my OBGYN, Ugh it's starting to get on my nerves. I have something every single morning this week. I'm so not looking forward to the mammogram as some years ago I had a breast cancer scare that turned out to be fibroids which apparently never turn cancerous. Back then I had 6 mammograms a year for 5 years. Hopefully by the first couple of weeks of the new year I will be done with doctors for another 8 years. Wish me luck.
• Olney, Illinois
I was told by my doctor I could have coughee before having blood work done, but it has to be black
@fishtiger58 (30383)
• Momence, Illinois
Yes that's what I was told but I like a touch of cream and sugar in mine so no coffee for at least another hour.
• Olney, Illinois
@fishtiger58 Yeah, I don't really care for it 'blech' either
@JolietJake your so right there JJ
There is one thing I am not doing and that is a mamogram. I am so small and that woman was grabbing like something was going to appear in her hand to shove in the a machine. I almost gave her something to remember.
@m_audrey6788 (13827)
Oh I hope everything will be ok
@fishtiger58 (30383)
• Momence, Illinois
I do too time will tell. Thanks
I was going to say the same as @JolietJake. You can have a black coffee before blood works.
@mom210 (6440)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, I really really hate those mammograms. Seems like torture to me.
@ridingbet (43665)
i wish you luck, my friend. i hope all the laboratory and diagnostic procedures for you will all turn out perfect and satisfactory.
@moffittjc (40230)
• Gainesville, Florida
Back when I was married, my then wife worked for a chiropractor, and I would go in three times a week for an adjustment. There was nothing wrong with my back or neck, but it felt oh so good after each visit. It felt like a huge monkey was lifted off my back each time I went.
@katsmeow1213 (29016)
I really hope you do not wait another 8 years to see a doctor again. I'm kind of the same way. It took me having a month long period to go see the lady doctor for the first time since my kids were born... my youngest is 9. I had a mammogram and all that. I was supposed to go back for a follow up back in October but I didn't.
@sueznewz2 (9633)
• Alicante, Spain
think of it as a 100 mile service like on your car... once it's done you'll be goodcto go for the future... I"m glad you're feeling the benefit from your visit to the chiropractor...
@Druzzz (46)
• Spain
Good luck with the visits and the doctors!
For not going to doctors you really are visiting a lot now.
I am glad you are looking about yourself, I love going to the chiropractor but I have not been, cost me to much.
I hope you are done with them after the first of the year. I went to see a chiropractor this year - best decision of my life. I went for a couple months, now it's on the as I need it basis, and I haven't had any needs in a couple months now, especially since I started losing weight.
Glad the Chiropractor is helping. And hope your appointment went well.
Wow, once you start on these things it seems to goes on and on. But it's good that you are having your back looked at.
Good luck with having good results.
Well at least it is helping! I wouldn't wait another 8 years to go to the doctor though!
My mom had fibroids, and I have one, but that checked out to be OK. I have not been to a doctor in about 8 years myself. Starting with kidney disease at age 5 and dealing with other doctors for far too long, I am done. If something looks or feels wrong, I will go, but I have had a lifetime of them and feel good, so no doctors. However, you are wise to be checked out due to issues that are troubling you.
Best of luck with all your tests, visits, and appointments. I hope you wind up healthy with nothing seriously wrong.
@Platespinner (16791)
I hope all your tests come back clean. I haven't been to the doctor since my last postpartum visit 16 years ago (unless you count Urgent Care visits for UTIs or stitches).