Highschool Reunion Coming Up

My highschool reunion is around the corner. Today, I was invited to the group and the post right now are about updates, planning process and headcount. I'm not sure if I'll be going, 90% I will not. I really don't talk to anyone anymore at my high school. In fact, none of them though I'm still friends with them on Facebook and we "like" here and there but nothing more. Even though I still live in the area ironically. I did take a look and there are unfamiliar faces I don't even remembering going to school with - time sure has changed! Did you attend your high school reunion? How was it?
I have never been to one, not really close with anyone from my class anymore.
I don't think I'll be going either. I'm leaning toward like 99%. I have nothing in common and I don't speak to any of them anymore. I didn't go to prom, didn't regret it. So I doubt I'll regret going to my high school reunion.
@infatuatedbby Same here my friend lol.
@TRBRocks420 Yep! Not my thing and that's totally fine too.
@hereandthere (32767)
it happened to me while inside a bus years ago. someone stood up and offered his seat. he said we were in the same batch (high school) and gave his name, but i honestly don't remember him. i think it's because we were only in the same section our freshman year. i tend to get together with college classmates and former co-workers.
Oh yes, I looked at some people who joined/invited to the Facebook discussion on the reunion and I was like wow, I so do not remember graduating with some of those people!
@infatuatedbby i even have cousins i don't remember now that we're much, much older and look so different!
@hereandthere Oh yes same here! I do have a lot of cousins I've never met on Facebook and their my friends.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Yes I do that. I feel that my school friends are the best friends for me.
That is good how many reunions have you attended or how often are they done?
@sjvg1976 (18407)
@infatuatedbby we still have a group of 5 friends and often meet each other.
@sjvg1976 Oh! This high school reunion is where the entire class meets. Not just a small group but the entire graduate class of our year.
@Srbageldog (8244)
I did not attend my 10 year high school reunion. I only went to our local high school for my freshman year, and then I went on independent studies and finished out my schooling from home. So even though I went to school with most of the same people from kindergarten through 10th grade, I felt weird about going to a reunion for a high school I did not graduate from...plus, I wasn't really invited, and the reunion was being held at a location that could only hold 50 people, and our freshman class had 2,000 kids....so I'm guessing the reunion was probably only for the "popular" people from our class.
Wow 2,000 kids for one class year? Dang, you must have went to a really large high school! Like a college. We had couple hundred some people. I have no clue how many. I was just invited to the group but I didn't participate in answering any questions. They're having a meeting and everyones free to come at the end of the month, so they could plan the high school reunion.
@infatuatedbby The school was really overcrowded. That was one reason why I left. Our town eventually built a second high school, which was much needed. Somebody added me to our reunion group, but I didn't feel right about attending.
@Srbageldog Oh yes, that is definitely an overcrowded school you used to go to!
I never attended a high school reunion. No interest.
I have no interest either.
@sw8sincere (5113)
I have never tried to attend highschool reunions since I know for sure that the only thing that defines the word fun for them are just boozes.
They are talking about open bar and karaoke right now. I don't do any of that, so no thanks!
i was only invited to my tenth my mom refused to let me attend, Either they didn't have a 25th almost three years ago or i wasn't invited. i would be able to go as i am now alone and my sister says I should tell her where i am going, but she won't stop me as i will be 46 years old next week. i am old enough to do what I wish she thinks
Hehe. Happy Early Birthday Did you want to go though?
@infatuatedbby yes I did want to go!
@Marty1 hehe maybe next time :)
I did not go to any of my reunions (I counted FB as my reunion ). I didn't feel like forking up a lot of money to go eat and socialize with a bunch of people who may or may not remember me. I figured if our group were true friends, we would have remained friends all this time (some did, the rest of us didn't). I didn't go, but I am satisfied that we caught up on FB - I never felt the need to see these people in person.
I am not sure where they are gathering the reunion at, I thought it'd be held back at the school for free, no? :) But the food and stuff would be spilt, no idea. But yeah - I am friends with majority of my class on Facebook still, but no one says anything lol. I used to have my birthdate displayed and get happy birthday wishes then I stopped it so no one comments anymore (thankfully) lol!
@infatuatedbby I think the first reunion was at some fancy hotel out here - quite formal - it was well over $100 a person - and this was in the 90s. I remember a few friends said they went and apparently it wasn't too exciting - I'm glad I didn't go. Yah, FB is FB - it's just not "real" there. I took off my birthday too . . . it felt kinda hokey to hear from people who don't talk to me otherwise. Way back when I think all of us commented on each other's stuff . . . but eventually that all tapered off. Now they are just "names" on the friends list.
@much2say I would totally not want to shell out $100. I would rather go on a date night with my fiancé And back in the 90's that's pricey! Yes, I hated that "Happy Birthday" just because Facebook alerted them.
I hope you will enjoy your high school reunion. I never attended, because I moved to another country soon after I married.
I won't be attending, not interested. If you didn't move to another country, would you? Or, do you still keep in contact with classmates you had a good bond with?
@infatuatedbby I would have not attended high school reunions, but I would have kept in touch with a couple of girls who were very good friends.
@LadyDuck Do you stay connected via Facebook or social media?
I think it is a fun time seeing batch mates in high school. For me, I never had attended this kind of event.
Do they have these events for you?
@infatuatedbby Our batch mate's president is not able to organize such an event.
@Shavkat Oh I see. Here the president is still doing it.
@JustBhem (42880)
• Davao, Philippines
Yes, I did but few of my classmates in High School. Not the entire batch. It was awesome and I had fun and I miss them.
It was the entire batch of the year we graduated. Do you still han gout with me?
@JustBhem (42880)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby We only had our reunion last month after 14 years. We never hang out, only once during the reunion. But we have our Group chat.
@JustBhem Oh wow! That is nice you had a good group chat. Was it a lot of people?
Have to graduate to have a reunion.. so no. Lol. But i wouldn't go even if i graduated and had one to go to.
Oh that's okay I am not going at all.
@infatuatedbby oh how come
@Courtlynn I don't really speak to any of my old classmates.
I haven't been to a single reunion. I kept in touch with the people I wanted to.
Yeah I have Facebook for that reason. :)
@infatuatedbby - Although the Class of 83 is having a get together in July, and are inviting those of us from close classes. I might try to go.
@teamfreak16 I hope you have fun !! :)
@Angela150 (957)
• London, England
I went to a reunion 5 years ago. It was not just my year group though. It was people from several years!
Did you have a good time?
No freakin way! I did not like them then and I won`t now.
Hahaha I don't blame ya!
@amnabas (10313)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Wow you must be super excited? I miss my school mates.
I won't be attending. Are there any reunions for you?
@lady1993 (20026)
i did attend the last one.. it was not really a reunion, but i did meet some high school friends. I would love to see them again. Although i do not talk to them so often even on facebook, i miss them sometimes
We all parted ways, but I do keep in contact with a few.
No and I would never attend either. I am still good friends with many of them. We see each other on the road and in super stores. Hanging out in the ball part. and believe it or not one just moved in and another out of my building. I saw one yesterday at the counter in the post office. But with my heath I would be shame.
Don't be shamed, you're a wonderful woman! I just don't do reunions.
@moffittjc (45228)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have never been to any of my high school reunions, and never plan on going to one. I already keep in touch with the friends from high school that I want to keep in contact with. No need to put on a dog and pony show for all the rest of the people who weren't my true friends! And besides, all reunions are is a chance for people to try and brag to others about how successful they have become!
I don't plan on going either. My fiancé didn't go to his either, he said FOR WHAT! It's a spot to go back to gossip and drama if it's for a reunion, lol. You're totally right a place for people to brag or even pretend for an evening anyway! Not my thing.
@moffittjc (45228)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Yeah, definitely not my thing either. Besides, social media has made it very easy to keep in touch with the people we want to keep in touch with, without having to worry about gossip or bragging or pretending!
@moffittjc Hahahah very true! Not to mention you can still see acquaintances most of the time anyway =P So if one wanted to check up their status or how they're doing! It is available. Power of Social Media =P
@zarlamain (24885)
I don't go to them. You probably know why. I just don't see the point. I go to my university ones only.
Yep I know! They made a poll and so far over 100 people are attending. I don't know how many people are in my class.
@zarlamain (24885)
@infatuatedbby That is really interesting. I don't much about my high school reunions. I just want to point out that high school is two words in case you don't know.
@zarlamain Haha yeah. I didn't like High School either.