Excited for the new year

@Rhombus (355)
South Africa
On the 01st of January 2018 I am starting a new job which provides benefits (including health). This is my dream job, the one I was waiting for. I don't think I have ever been this excited about starting something new. In the meantime have been researching the company and my role, as well as learning the different computer programmes they use that I am not familiar with. Any other tips to be prepared and succeed?
@mandala100 (48602)
@Rhombus Good luck on your new job my friend.
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
Thank you so much Peter!
I think you just need to review your job description and the rest will be fine. Congratulations!
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
Thanks so much, have reviewed and doing further research.
@Rhombus That's a great job. I think you are on the right track.
Just do your best.
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
Thanks John, will do so.
@shivamani10 (11200)
• Hyderabad, India
First, you should observe the surrounding and the people. The mannerisms and the way they work.
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
That's so true, every organization has a different culture.
A new job is always exciting and it seems you are preparing yourself well. Good luck with it.
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
It is exciting, your first day may be the only day that you know for sure there is nothing you have forgotten to do.
@amnabas (10317)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Great step towards new and successful beginning.
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
Thanks, I am really looking forward to starting the new year on a positive footing.
@lady1993 (19749)
wow congrats on starting a new job just chill as of the moment because once you start you can barely take a break
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
Thank you. I am taking this time to sort out the home (spring cleaning and other exciting activities).
Be calm and take a lunch the first day might be busy. a few snacks would not hurt either.
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
Great advice, I need to eat often otherwise I get extremely grumpy, and there may not be time or a suitable place nearby to purchase something.
@holdoors (1664)
I think it is important to ask the right questions and remember that all your conduct will be monitored as a newcomer. Showing initiative will help you grow into the job.
@Rhombus (355)
• South Africa
That's probably one of my negative qualities, I tend to ask a LOT of questions. I like hearing how everything fits together in the organization.