Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 3 Ezekiel 3 Ezekiel 3:1 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou find; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. 2 So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. 4 And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them. 5 For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of a hard language, but to the house of Israel; 6 Not to many people of a strange speech and of a hard language, whose words thou canst not understand. Surely, had I sent thee to them, they would have hearkened unto thee. 7 But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted. 8 Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads. 9 As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. 10 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears. 11 And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus says the Lord GOD; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear. 12 Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the LORD from his place. 13 I heard also the noise of the wings of the living creatures that touched one another, and the noise of the wheels over against them, and a noise of a great rushing. 14 So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me. 15 Then I came to them of the captivity at Telabib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days. 16 And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. 18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou give him not warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul. 22 And the hand of the LORD was there upon me; and he said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will there talk with thee. 23 Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the LORD stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river of Chebar: and I fell on my face. 24 Then the spirit entered into me, and set me upon my feet, and spoke with me, and said unto me, Go, shut thyself within thine house. 25 But thou, O son of man, behold, they shall put bands upon thee, and shall bind thee with them, and thou shalt not go out among them: 26 And I will make thy tongue cleave to the roof of thy mouth, that thou shalt be dumb, and shalt not be to them a reprover: for they are a rebellious house. 27 But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus says the Lord GOD; He that hears, let him hear; and he that forbears, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house. Whenever you set about to do anything, you need to know how to go about it. Whether it’s learning a new job, hobby, or putting something together, there is always directions for the task ahead. When you heed the directions, all goes well. God gave Ezekiel instructions on how he was to approach the house of Israel. First, he had to eat the book, then he had to go. As Christians, we often neglect the instructions God gives us for the task ahead. We tend to think we know how to do what God has told us. However, when you try to witness and tell people about the love of God without first reading the instruction book, God’s Word, you will fail every time. First, you must read God’s Word, let it go down deep into your spirit. Then you will be able to go out and do what God told you to do, whether it’s going to a foreign mission field, or staying home and ministering in your home church, neighborhood, workplace, or wherever God sends you. Are you ready to go out and do what God instructed you to do? Are you equipped with the Word of God down in your spirit? If not, take the first step, and start reading God’s Word, so you will know how to move forward in his will for you. Let’s pray: Father, fill my mouth with your Word. Let it go deep into my spirit, so that I will speak only what you would have me say. Let me be your witness wherever I go. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 21 December 2017 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
The word of God was different in the homily today compare the ones you shared but thank you and Godbless you.
I don't go according to a formula. My study takes me through the Bible, starting at Genesis until I reach Revelation. I will probably do a special study for Christmas, as I do take into account the special holidays.
@just4him I guess the homily in the church mass focus more on the events leading to the birth of Jesus.
@Letranknight2015 As they should.
Thank you for sharing.
You're welcome. Have a blessed day.
@dodoazo (17383)
This is how missionary work is all about to spread the Gospel of Jesus. Eating the book is to learn it by heart what is written on so that when you are proselyting or converting people to Christianity you may know what you are talking. Preparation in any undertaking is a must.
Yes, it is a must, and I do my best to read it every day and listen to the Holy Spirit about what He wants me to know and share. Have a blessed day.