Talking to Voice Mail

@FourWalls (15203)
As Steve Martin once said, “the most amazing thing to me is....I get paid for doing this.” I spent the day talking to voice mail. With just four days to go until Christmas I had to make sure that everyone who hadn’t been notified about a project was notified. That meant calling 45 people today. Needless to day, with most schools on winter break, the best I could do was leave a bunch of voice mails. I don’t really object, because it’s my job to call the people (these aren’t “telemarketer” calls, mind you, I’m calling our customers who voluntarily registered to come to our conference). I’m sort of glad I got so many voice mails, too: that hopefully means people are focusing on enjoying their holiday. And, as usual, there’s a song about that, although technically this song is about trying to talk to a girl who won’t answer her phone:
Provided to YouTube by Warner Music Group Answering Machine (Remastered Version) · The Replacements Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?: The Best Of The Replac...
You mean the people you were calling weren't Hanging on the Telephone?
@FourWalls (15203)
I reached four people out of 45 calls, which is what I expected. Not a Blondie fan among them.
@FourWalls That is funny not a Blondie fan among them. Hopefully the rest will get back to you.
@FourWalls (15203)
@Hannihar -- making sure Luca Brasi isn't sleeping with them, either!
I would rather talk to voicemail also, because some people will never stop talking, and I just want to get away from them.
@FayeHazel (19863)
Wow, awesome. I imagine you got the script down pretty good of what had to be said. Happy you got answering machines too
@db20747 (9375)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Sweet. No cold calling.
Have you heard back from them that they got the message?
@FourWalls (15203)
I had one voice mail that someone got the message. We'll know on January 3!
@FourWalls I hope they all got them. I am sure they are very busy getting ready for the holiday.
I bet it was easier for you to leave a message in people's voicemail that to actually talk to people.
A girl that won't answer her phone. Unfortunately, I can relate.