am i wrong??

Bronx, New York
My grandmother complains I dont do nothing in the house. but I make sure the house is clean and there is no dishes in the sink cause I know how she is .one thing I don't do is clean the bathroom and here is why cause when its time for me to clean the bathroom she is hovering over me and yelling and screaming how to do this and how to that and oh you didnt clean it right .the tub could be clean and she just finds something to complain that gets very annoying
I am a grandmother and I would never act that way.
• Bronx, New York
this is the struggle of dealing with carribean folks ugh.
@yukimori (9047)
@Mommy2APrince Nah, it's not a culture thing, it's an a-hole thing.
@yanzalong (10151)
Most grandmothers are like that. You have to be patient with her.
• Bronx, New York
I am trying I need my own place this Is too much to handel everyday.
@holdoors (1672)
We need to be patient with the elderly. My grandmother and mother used to nag me all the time even when I have done things right. I will just brush it off. In fact, pretty immune to it now.
• Bronx, New York
I try I just don't like the yelling and cursing and arguing. I'm not that type of person sometimes she looks for a argument.
@NoorNoor (1189)
You are not wrong.This is a common problem.
• Bronx, New York
thank you
@yukimori (9047)
It sounds like she's very controlling and particular about how things are done in the household. Perhaps it's time to start considering other living arrangements. She doesn't sound like a pleasant person to share a home with.
• Bronx, New York
I spoke her and told her she is controlling and she doesn't feel so as soon as I start working I'm looking to get my own place.
I hope she is not having a bad day. I think you can try to ask how the bathroom be cleaned up.
• Bronx, New York
I try that she just gets even more mad and starts cursing
• Bronx, New York
If she is having a bad day then thats mean she having a bad day everyday .cause every night she comes home from work she finds something to curse about. and as soon as she wakes up her mouth is the first thing you hear in the morning.
@Mommy2APrince In times like this, I think we need to keep in silence while she's in this kind of behavior.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Oh there is always problem in the house. You should be patient and ignore what she says in that case! I think that would help a lot!
• Bronx, New York
Thank you for advice I will try to do so.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@Mommy2APrince you are welcome!
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@Mommy2APrince Well, You seems welcome! Yeah, I have tried so and I have found them extremely useful!
@nomus24g (22919)
grandmother might be irritated because of her age...
• Bronx, New York
maybe she gets mad when I tell her she is old .
• Bronx, New York
then she hits me with the you better live to see my age lol .
@nomus24g (22919)
@hereandthere (31018)
maybe you can do it while she's out or sleeping.
• Bronx, New York
Im going to start doing that I remember a time I did do that she came back and said the bathroom wasn't clean. and I couldn't see where there was dirt any where.
@Mommy2APrince some people have standards they want everyone to meet. but as long as you know you did it, ignore the rest. what's matters is the bathroom is being cleaned regularly.
@Bluedoll (17069)
What is wrong for one person might be right another so it's really hard to say. I think depending on the situation I would do the cleaning well but restrict her access to the bathroom (unless she needs to use it) while cleaning it and I would tell her I didn't want to listen any more to her complaining now that I understand what she wants. Many older people get cranky and they know it. I told a family member once I wanted joyful visits and if they continued to complain about me I would simply stop visiting. I also told them I loved them but needed some peace. They understood and stopped. How's life in the Bronx these days?
• Bronx, New York
true it been pretty ok in the bronx lately .
You just need to have more patience for your grandma, sometimes elders tend to have a lot of mood swings because of hormonal imbalance, and also try to check also if you are really cleaning ever thing the right way or maybe you just need to improve on that area. Don't stress yourself too much, and try to listen to some of your favorite music it can relax you tho. and put you in a better mood.
• Bronx, New York
OK thank you very much I will try that
when i hear her on the phone I begin to see where your mom gets it from. I am pretty sure that place is clean. But if she is as bad as your mom I would sleep on a bus stop. What your mom had you doing was wrong.