White Stuff (snow)

We had a pretty good snow a while ago and it hung around for a week or so and then melted. Last night it started again and snowed over the night. I took the snow shovel in front of me to get my newspaper off my driveway, the snow was heavy... I have a check up on my eyes this morning so we are leaving early not knowing what is going on the highways. Hopefully the roads are clear by now and its not snowing at this moment either... My daughter was going to drive to my place today with my grand-dog Zuzu,(a 4 hour drive in good conditions) but she texted me and said not today, the boys (her partner and her brother) were plowing over the night. I hope the snow stops and lets them drive safely when they can. The whole family (including the fur-babies) is supposed to arrive Sunday... The photo I put on this post I took a few years ago. The inukshuk (stone sculpture) was looking over the vineyard in winter in my neighborhood, It looks cold and it was... Have a good day and enjoy your holiday.
What an awesome photo. I love seeing those stone sculptures. That's so sweet you refer to them as your grand-dog
None of my children have children for different reasons, but they all have dogs. I have 5 grand dogs and I love them all.
@PainsOnSlate how many children do you have I can't remember? How old are they?
@PainsOnSlate hmm well you may not ever have real grandkids but you never know 30s isn’t to late and adoption is always an option too through the 40s. I imagine you spoil the grand-dogs a lot
@YrNemo (12657)
A very pretty stone sculpture with an impressive background.
The very first time I saw it, it took my breath away... Glad you enjoyed it.
@YrNemo No glue, they are just heavy, the ones the natives used for guides were huge, the ones we make do fall down with the water gets too high or the wind to windy... This one is in a vineyard and has been there for years but built by the staff, its not huge but it is taller than I am.
@YrNemo (12657)
@PainsOnSlate wow! (re: the heigh!) Perhaps I should do something similar to all the rocks/stones in my back garden.
I hope the weather is okay for Christmas for you. It is supposed to be bad tonight. it has rained and will turn very cold this evening and get icy please keep yourself safe on the roads and have a very merry Christmas!
We are expecting ice and snow too, we have postponed "Christmas" my youngest son and his partner are coming this afternoon if the weather allows, my others, all are stuck where they are farther north because they plow the snow (my older son and Daughter's partner) and it isn't going to stop for a few days
@PainsOnSlate I am so sorry. I hope it stops snowing soon and all of your relatives can come to celebrate with you. Merry, Merry Christmas!
@Marty1 They are still plowing and its still snowing, my daughter is coming tyoday but the boys will be plowing, first Christmas missed by all...
I love that photo, it's beautiful. I hope the roads are clear and safe to travel. Have a great day.
Saw my doctor and back home and the car is really dirty with salt, slush and dirt on the roads...
I hope you got the correct prescription @PainsOnSlate I had to change eye docs because the one I had seen in Oct got it all wrong twice.
@rebelann My doctors are specialist, I take what they prescribe and I've never had a porblem. No med for this event, my eyes were checked to see how good or bad my Macular Degeneration is and so far its good, I was checked and will continue because when i had my cataracts removed my Macular Degeneration went a bit crazy but it is calm now...
Yes, it looks very cold in that picture. I hope that the roads aren't too bad when you venture out today. I am sure that as the day progresses things will improve as I have a feeling that there will be a lot of traffic today, people who have the day off running errands and going here and there. Not me, to work only.
My Kingston family was plowing snow . My daughter is driving down right now and the boys will come on Friday. We will have a late Christmas but I'm glad they can get away and join us.
@PainsOnSlate That's nice, it makes it a lot more special when its held on a different day doesn't it? Enjoy it!
@Juliaacv Thank you, I am looking forward for the boys to get here today.
@dgobucks226 (12112)
A picture post card of a photo. So serene!
it is very calming isn't it?
@dgobucks226 (12112)
@PainsOnSlate Love this quote about beauty. For nature is beautiful and not all appreciate it!
@dgobucks226 Love it , thanks.
@Ganma7 (2829)
I love the photo. I hope all of you can be together when it is safe to do so
We are having Christmas with our children on Friday, the boys have been plowing every night from 4 PM to 7am, it will be a late Christmas but a good one..
@Ganma7 (2829)
@PainsOnSlate We have a daughter & family who live in PA. They always come after Xmas. As long as we get together it is xmas to me. Enjoy your's
Oh, I do hope the roads will be clear enough for safe travel for your family. That is such a lovely snow-covered structure.
My son in law and my older son both plow and Christmas has been changed it will happen when the snow stops... My younger son and his partner will be here today, the others will come later in the week.
@PainsOnSlate The forecast for weeks has been no snow, but we got it today. Very slippery roads. Our son and his wife will come tomorrow, and so will my brother and his wife. My sister and I sure had a wild ride of slipping and sliding on our way to the nursing home. The danger of snow is what I despise.
The only snow we get for this month was heavy, not a lot but heavy and the temperature dropped and we still have ice on some roads.
Its pretty nasty here because it rained and froze... plows have been out and the roads are pretty clean. Two of my boys are plowing so we have put off Christmas until they get time off.
@PainsOnSlate Today is sunny and a lot warmer that the past few days. We reached 10 degrees Celsius by noon. It's a shame it will not last.
A vineyard in Canada is something I don't expect to see. So the summers are long and hot enough for the grapes to mature.
Yes, and the type of vines that live through our winter all come from Germany and France. I worked with friends who imported vines and it was an interesting job.
Very pretty! Are you going to be in Florida this year?
We are going to Fort Myers for a couple of weeks, I hope its warm... we are right on the beach...
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes, it does look cold Brrr! Keep all of that right there @PainsOnSlate
I have no control, if you get freezing weather it won't be my fault
@Destesh (203)
• Kenya
I'm from a country in Africa .. I doesn't snow here but I bet it's fun
It was fun when i was a kid and I used to ski on the snow, that was fun... Now in my old age, its just cold and messy... just kididng, I still like the look of the snow.
Does the snow affect the vines? It's a pretty photo.
No, they are vines that grow in cold areas, they live through the winters. They go dorment.
@Platespinner (16492)
We'll be heading up to your neck of the woods tomorrow. The weather for travel is looking a little dicey.
it just started snowing again. I haven't checked the weather but yesterday the news was it was going to snow all night and today some.... Have a safe trip.
Oh what joy it is not to have to shovel. How nice. Have a safe travel today.
Its snowing again, its beautiful to look at.
we have snow and ice most of the weekend.Bah Humbug
The snow and ice has put off Christmas for us, my boys have been plowing and will be here on Friday for Christmas - late but its family time!