Frugal Shopping: Thrift store fun.

Ponce De Leon, Florida
I went to the thrift store this morning when on the way back home from Walmart and found quite a few deals. I'll detail them later. I got 23 books, 11 movies and two stuffed dog toys for $16. I thought I did pretty good especially with some of the titles I got. And one of the DVDs that I got was one that just came out this year. Have you gotten any good deals recently?
• Riga, Latvia
Thrift stores too far away from me. This year I took the plunge knowing being alone I could use some cheer and ordered some things online. Now my packages are waiting for Christmas.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm ordering my laptop right now. I was hoping to have it before Christmas but it doesn't look like I will
@1creekgirl (9808)
I love thrift stores. I haven't been up to going for a couple of months, but I hope to soon.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I usually go once every pay period. Lol. Today was just a extra good find day. Found a ton of books I will read in 2018.
@thislittlepennyearns You really did find some good bargains.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@1creekgirl I try to whenever I can.
@moffittjc (40217)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm slowly replacing all of my old tools with new Dewalt cordless power tools. I've been scouting various stores and websites for the past month searching for deals, and I have killed it when it comes to discounts. With combo kits, special buys, free-tools-with order, and other discounts at this time of year, I've probably bought most of what I need at prices 50-75% off regular price!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Well thats awesome! Good for you. I saved like seventy bucks on my laptop by getting it online, and refurbished. So yay.
@moffittjc (40217)
• Gainesville, Florida
@thislittlepennyearns When I first bought my Apple laptop, I bought a refurbished one. I've had it for five years now, and it's still going strong!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@moffittjc I'm pretty excited about it, just wish it would come closer.
@Daelii (4243)
That's an amazing deal for all of that! Books alone here are 1$ and up for adult books!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
$2 for a bag of books. That's what our thrift store does.
@Daelii (4243)
@thislittlepennyearns I wish! Here they have some kid books 10 for 1 if they have an over stock on them and its only books they have multiple copies of. Otherwise kid books are 25 cents to 50 cents. Any vintage or first edition go for collector prices based on eBay sales. Then adult books are 1 dollar or so unless price marked. Most topic books like gardening or crafts are 3 dollars or 5 dollars a book.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Daelii is it a good will or something? Cause there over priced as all get out.
@kobesbuddy (36080)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, my husband got the new Star Wars movie on sale, at Target!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
How much was it? I need to buy it..bit we don't have a target close. Loo
@kobesbuddy (36080)
• East Tawas, Michigan
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@kobesbuddy that's not bad. I'll have to look it up and see if I can order it and have it sent to the house.
You scored big time. That will entertain you for awhile.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'll post about exactly what I got later. Right now I'm arguing with the Walmart website. Trying to get my laptop ordered.
@thislittlepennyearns Couldn't you get the laptop at the store itself?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JohnRoberts they were out. And there cheaper online
All that for $16 - that's seriously good for even thrift shop prices! I love thrift shops - but I haven't hit them up since I had to concentrate on Christmas stuff. Yesterday I did get a deal at JC Penney though. I thought that a scarf we got for my sister was going to be about $15, but it rang up as $5 something . . . we got back in line again to get her a matching hat. Both were supposed to be $34 each!
Definitely got a great deal there