My first time eating at Sonic and more vehicle problems

My boyfriend got my van started this morning but the cable was worn out so the hood wouldn't latch after. The battery wouldn't hold a charge so I had the garage check that too. They replaced the battery and ordered the cable. In the meantime they shut the hood for me so I could drive it. My boyfriend and I went to get groceries afterwards. After Aldi's we drove past a Sonic resturant and I starred out the window like I was an alien from another universe not comprehending what I was seeing. I wasn't sure if it was a gas station or a tiny drive in kind of movie theater lol My boyfriend was shocked I'd never seen a Sonic resturant before so we decided to eat there his treat. I got mozzarella sticks, a bland grilled cheese and a mint oreo milkshake. We stopped at a gas station to get gas and he asked me if I had an air pressure gauge as he thought my tire looked low. He checked and was right it only had 20 lbs in it. When it was being inspected a week or so ago they had taken a big nail out of it and plugged the tire. Apparently it didn't hold up. It will be going back to the garage after the holidays so I will mention it to them. When I was at Walmart my son called me and said he saw an ambulance go by and thought I was in it so he wanted to make sure I was safe. I'm tired now and will catch up on my notifications tomorrow.
I never heard of Sonic, are those restaurants or drive-ins?
@bunnybon7 (35533)
• Holiday, Florida
its actually a drive in like you seen on " Happy days." lol that is if you have seen that sitcom from way back
@bunnybon7 Thanks Bonnie, yes I have seen Happy Days.
You drive in and there is a big tv screen to view your menu and order your food. You sit right there and they bring your food out to your car and you eat then drive away when you are done. There are a couple tables you can sit outside to eat at of you prefer instead of eating in a car.
Never seen a Sonic. WOW! I like their onion rings.
I love their shakes.
@snowy22315 Oh yes!
The shake was very yummy but didn’t look as pictured on the menu and that drives me nuts. In the photo there was chopped Oreo crumbs all over the whipped topping on the top. When they brought the food out the drink had only the whipped cream on top and a cherry ick.
Hope you manage to get all the bits and pieces fixed on your car soon. I hate having to be worried about breaking down.
Yes it is nerve wracking especially if my kids are with me. I will be dropping my van back off at the garage Tuesday or after.
I like the food at sonic but it is expensive so we do not go there all that often.
Their prices looked about the same as McDonalds. They had a value menu as well.
@bunnybon7 (35533)
• Holiday, Florida
we do always worry when someone we love is away from us and we see ambulances. i can see why your son would be even more worried because of his dad passing. i absolutely love sonic. my late hubby took me there many times. so many good things while you sit in your car and talk and listen to your music on the radio
@bunnybon7 (35533)
• Holiday, Florida
@shaggin it is a sad thing for them. but you are doing a wonderful job with them and seems like you have it together. good for you girl
@bunnybon7 thank you!
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
What a day you had. Sorry the tire wasn't repaired properly. The mint oreo milkshake sounds yummy!
It wasn’t a bad day though even though some things unexpected popped up. I got to go out for groceries with my man and stopped to eat so it was time alone we rarely get
@bluesa (13430)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin that's good then
Oh, no! You seem to have a lot of problems with your van. Hope you can get everything fixed inexpensively. I only ate at a Sonic once, only because my son was starving as usual. lol
Seems most problems should be easy fixes so I am not to worried. Even though it is a 2002 vehicle it is in good shape. Low mileage when I bought it and garage kept.
@shaggin Good and whew!
That's so thoughtful and caring of your son.
It was very sweet of him but its sad how much anxiety he has. I feel bad for him.
@shaggin Yeah I can imagine.
I haven't been to Sonics. It's opened for a couple years now but I find it strange looking too. Maybe I will try it sometime. How did you like the cheese sticks? Hope your car problems gets fixed soon. Happy Holidays!
The mozzrella sticks were pretty good. They only gave one little container of marinara sauce to go with it but it wasn't enough.
@shaggin Oh I would totally need more marinara sauce. I'll have to give them a try sometime!
Oh goodness! I'm glad it wasn't you in it and hope the car issues end soon.
I remember when my husband was alive worrying every time I hear an ambulance to. Ironic enough was the one time I slept through the sirens in town it was for him.
@shaggin aw I'm sorry. But thats me too, always worrying
@dgobucks226 (10832)
I tried Sonic once in Florida and did not enjoy the ordering process or the food. And I can't stand the commercials. Wow, how much do I really like Sonic? Sorry for the outburst Were you a fan? You did say the grilled cheese was bland
The shake and mozzarella sticks were good but not the grilled cheese. I do plan to take my kids though for them to get to try a new place. I've never seen the commercials.
Your son is very thoughtful of you. Glad it wasn't you in the ambulance.
I’m glad we had a safe drive. I was surprised this year how not busy the highways were. I think so many people are just doing online shopping.
How sweet that your son was worried about you. Don't forget to tip at Sonic, because they make about 3 dollars an hour.
What your kidding me? Why are they pais so poor? I thought they get paid the same as other fast food resturants and get minimum wage?
@shivamani10 (11131)
• Hyderabad, India
Your son takes a great care of you.
Well not really lol but he is just nervous when I am away. He was home with his sister.
I had an unexpected car issue today too. My battery which has been working fine suddenly decided to die! I had to get two jumps on the way home. My friend was telling me that AAA could actually replace the battery so I am gonna call them tomorrow. I could have gotten it checked and charged or replaced in town but I simply did not want to deal with it today.
@hereandthere (28957)
i'm that way, too. there are food and food outlets i've never been to, though i've read about it from newspapers, magazine and online. what did your boyfriend order?
Hmm I don’t remember what he got actually I didn’t pay much attention. He said it was the first time he had their chicken though he usually gets beef. He said it was good.
@sallypup (26355)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Your son thought you were in an ambulance? How scary. I've only been to a Sonic restaurant once.
He’s a very nervous kid I feel bad for him. At least he can call me and be reassured I’m okay.