Just read Job.

Banks, Oregon
I just read the story of Job. I had heard it before, but it was time to read it again, by all accounts Job was a great man, who feared God & shunned evil like it was the plague, but God still let Satan do unbelievably horrible things to him, he lost his family, everything he owned & became a shell of his former self, through all of this though Job still loved God, sure he didn't understand why God would allow this & he complained begging God to redeem him, even questioned God as I have myself many times, in the end Job had done nothing wrong, but he still had to suffer to prove he would still love God even if everything wasn't perfect & God didn't protect him. Job no doubt received his reward & so will we. I don't claim to understand why God allows evil to happen to good, but there are reasons & we will all be rewarded for fighting the good fight.
It is said that God will not gie you more than you can handle.
Amen my friend.
There is a very famous saying - "having the patience of Job". He was a very patient man.
He was and, it is something I must get better at.
Job was a righteous man, and God wanted Satan to know that without a doubt. Satan did everything he could to bring trouble to him, and still Job clung tenaciously to his faith in God. Satan lost, God won, and Job received double in return when this test was done. We need to be like Job, clinging to our faith and trust in God to bring us through no matter what Satan tries to do in our lives.
Amen my friend & very true, his pain was not in vain & neither will ours be.
@TRBRocks420 It's not in vain when it's for His glory.
@kepweng (18574)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
im a good person ,but Mostly Bad Evil person i know !have more Good life than me!!!!
God loves you.
I always felt strange about this story, because it didn't seem fair to Job, but I will just trust God that He knew what he was doing.
Yes it was not fair to him & isn't to any good people, but there is reasons & I know God redeemed him eventually, making his life better than it ever was.
@TRBRocks420 Whenever I think "this isn't fair" I remember what Jesus went through on the cross for us and I re-think no THAT wasn't fair!
@TRBRocks420 I agree that God is actually fair, and I just have to trust Him.
God allows evil because Adam disobeyed him, there was no evil created by God, man chooses evil over God and now we all live with the consequences or at least so the bible says. Merry Christmas my friend and I would say the message of JOb is to never lose faith in the goodness of God.
Well actually I believe it was Eve who first took the apple, but yes & Merry Christmas.
@TRBRocks420 It was Eve but Adam was the one who had to explain to God and I am convinced that since the original writers were men, they just stuck the blame on the woman. lol
@Dena91 (4635)
When bad things go on in my life I am reminded of Matthew 5:45, "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Good and bad happen to all of us through out our life. When the good times are happening that's the time to read your bible more, pray more, get closer to God. Because when the bad times come it is harder to do those things. Just my two cents worth. Glad you read the book of Job. So much to learn from His word. God bless you my friend
Thank you my friend merry Christmas & God bless :)
God definitely has His reasons and He will help us through the bad times if we lean on and seek Him. =)
Amen my friend you helped remind me of this. I feel like God talked to me & said he is trying to make life better than it ever was.
@TRBRocks420 That's awesome! God answers us in many different ways. =) It will get better because He has it!
Yes it is a story that surely gives us hope that good will beat out evil in the end of all things. Whenever I am feeling badly, I think of Job and say well it could be a lot worse. Amen my friend.
Amen my friend it helped me a lot & we already won, it's just a waiting game at this point :)
@TRBRocks420 Yes, I will see you in heaven my friend
@LeaPea2417 (21997)
• Toccoa, Georgia
And after he suffered so much but kept his trust and love in God, God rewarded him twofold in the end.
Yes it is a awesome story of good beating evil.
@LeaPea2417 (21997)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a very good story. I once did a paper on Job for my sister;'s college religion class and got an A-plus. I have not read it since but think i will reread it soon, Thanks for giving me the idea. I remember it being great when I studied it in High school Religion class
It is a great story. I'm glad I read it.
@TRBRocks420 Job is a good role model. have a merry and blessed Christmas!
@mandala100 (50437)
@TRBRocks420 The Book of Job is a very interesting book of the Holy Scriptures and the moral and spiritual lessons one can learn from it my friend.
Yes my friend. I feel stronger just having read it & wiser.
@mandala100 (50437)
@TRBRocks420 That's great to know my friend.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Yes many times with my own life Health wise I look at Job and what he went thru and I compare myself to him and marvel at how no matter what he always kept strong and faithful to God and that in turn helps encourage my walk with God.
It is the ultimate story of good over evil & Job showed there was good in the world.
I believe that in suffering there is a message of unity. When suffering occurs perhaps people become closer to God. I suppose that the closer to God we become, the less we suffer.
Very wise words & I agree.
@1creekgirl (11942)
You're right TR, we don't always understand why God allows things, but to quote Job, "If He slays me, yet will I serve him."
Amen my friend, after what Jesus did for us, how can we not.
@peachpurple (12770)
A test that God wanted to know who is good or bad
God proved good with out other motives really exists through Job.
@Madshadi (8921)
• Brussels, Belgium
God puts us to test. To see how we do in difficult times. And based on our actions we get rewarded.
Amen my friend.
@averygirl72 (16617)
The story of Job is encouraging one. When I have troubles I remember what happened to Job and apply the lesson to my own life. Life is a test like Rick Warren said in Purpose Driven life book. We are being tested in this life. God has a reward every time we pass our test
Amen my friend & great book. I read that awhile ago after Hulk Hogan said it helped him.