Lucky Them!

Last weekend my husband and I went thru a home that our son and his wife had viewed earlier that week. They wanted a second look and our opinion. We gave them our opinion, and they put in an offer on the home. The owners counter-offered and our son and his wife walked away. A couple of days later the seller's agent called our son's agent who basically told them if they improved their offer slightly they could close. Our son called their bluff and went in with just a little more then he originally offered. And he just called us and told us that the offer was accepted. They will move into their new home on March 7th. I have a feeling that it will come awfully quickly. They can spend the cold winter months packing and organizing. Nice way to end off the year isn't it?
@kobesbuddy (40492)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Oh, I'm so glad they got this house and not pay more than they wanted to.
No, they really got a good deal. But it will take a fair bit for them to change up the inside to their liking. Nothing major, but lots of cosmetic updates.
@kobesbuddy (40492)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv Can they start those updates right away?
@Luap1050 (642)
@Juliaacv as long as its not structural then Im sure it will just take time , but not a great expense!
That is great and sometimes walking away can end up being a really good thing like it was for them.
@Luap1050 (642)
Real estate transactions seem like a game of poker these days!
@Luap1050 Yes, they are. He is moving to a market which is currently quite hot.
Yes, it really worked in their favour.
Oh, that is such good news. They will be so happy in their new home!!!!
I think so. And its only 2 doors away from where our son's best friend grew up. Its a nice neighbourhood, bordering on the very edge of town.
Good for them.Nothing like owning your first home.
This will actually be our son's second home. He bought his first home when he was 23 years old.
@Juliaacv I see.Better luck this time?
@amadeo They bought the house that they wanted and got it for what they wanted, so I think that makes them smart, and lucky that the seller accepted their offer.
Yay! Great Christmas gift for them!
I wish that I hadn't bought all of their gifts, I would have bought them something for the house. I am trying to decide what we'll do for a house-warming gift for them.
@Juliaacv hmm thats a tough one.. is there something theyve mentioned wanting ir needing like deep fryer or new pan set
@Courtlynn They have a nice big foyer, so I suggested to my husband that we have a deacon's bench made for them for that space. He really liked the idea.
@alberello75 (16472)
• Genova, Italy
Changing homes, and going into better ones, is positive. However, the work of packing and moving, are heavy, and boring tasks!
They will pack but they will have professionals come in and move them. That's what they did the last time so I doubt that they will try to take that on themselves.
@alberello75 (16472)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Having the possibility to make the moving house to competent people is a good thing
Congratulations to the happy couple for getting their first home.
Thanks, but it is actually their second home. This is a large home though. Its on a pie-shaped lot, and has 2 full bathrooms and 5 bedrooms. All of the rooms are a good size, and they have a nice sized foyer. We had a good sized foyer in our last home, and our son and his wife looked for something with that, and it wasn't easy to spot.
Your son is good at making an offer.It seems to be a bargain and you will be in a good mood during the festival season.
The market is very hot right now for the sellers, so although they got it for a lower price then what was asked, they still over-paid for it. But it wasn't anything that they couldn't afford.
• Portland, Connecticut
Excellent way to end the year, congratulations to them. This is the next big step in their relationship. Maybe the next one will be grandchildren lol
No grandchildren for a while for them. They have plans to travel to Poland later on this year and in October will be going to an island and are concerned about the zica virus before conception.
Yeah! I am so glad for them. That was good that he played the buyers, that is sorta of what Tony did with his new used truck.
Yes, they saved tens of thousands of dollars which they can reinvest into the home thru updates.
@Luap1050 (642)
Good stuff!..I hope they enjoy their new home!
Once they get settled I am sure that they will. It means that our daughter-in-law will have an hour's commute each way to and from work, but they are close to both us as well as her family by an hour.
Yes that was nice for them. Are they moving far from you?
No, and that is the BEST news of all! They will be about an hour closer, now they are about 2 hours away.
That's wonderful news I hope that they will love their new home.
Oh, that's great! I am so glad they talked them down on the price. It's exciting!
That's is indeed good news. Our friends have had their place on the market for a while but have now sold. However the buyer is very anxious to move in and now they have to be out on the 29th December so there won't be a lot of relaxing over Christmas for them.