Favorite "New" Songs #2 - "No New Tale to Tell"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Other than maybe the members of Joy Division/New Order, these guys have probably shown up in my music countdowns more than any other individuals. I am counting down my favorite songs with "new" in the title, and we are at #2: "No New Tale to Tell" by Love and Rockets. If you know anything at all about these music series' of mine, you'll notice that I use the legendary goth band, Bauhaus, a lot, and that Love and Rockets tend to show up occasionally as well. The members of Love and Rockets, vocalist/guitarist/saxophonist Daniel Ash, vocalist/bassist David J, and drummer Kevin Haskins (David J's brother) were in Bauhaus, and furthermore, Ash and Haskins were in Tones on Tail, a band that I've also used a couple times. Like I said, I use these guys a lot. From their 1987 album, Earth, Sun, Moon, "No New Tale to Tell" (David J on lead vocals) was, at the time, Love and Rockets' biggest hit, reaching #18 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart. It was also in regular rotation on MTV's 120 Minutes, that channel's Sunday night alternative music show. I have linked to the official video, which features a brief appearance by the band's alter ego, The Bubblemen. And a monkey! Enjoy! (Info verified by Wikipedia)
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Music makes for happy holidays Loading... Even the scrooges
I remember this one well!
I used to blast the hell out of this in the barracks when I was in Georgia. Hung out with some other alternative guys. This was my contribution to the rotation. This and Gene Loves Jezebel.
I liked this one too
It's one of my favorites by them, and I owned all of their stuff. That's a lot to choose from!
Lovely Scott..those guys really made it with this song, thanks
It was their first to hit "big."
@FourWalls (15271)
Oh, yeah, good song!! Crank it up good 'n' loud!
They totally rocked it in concert!
That's a right shot.
i miss 120 minutes.it's still on technically,but it's all reruns. i remember this video..i always thought the guy in the hat was kind of odd looking. good song tho.
They show reruns? I wish I had MTV. I'd watch them.
@teamfreak16 yea-i forget whether it's mtv proper or what vh-1 has become.
@scarlet_woman - I was scrolling through after the Raider game and realized we have both. I am going to have to keep my eye out for it.
Good morning.I have No New Tale to Tell. Have a good day.
You too!
I love this song, and I feel it could work as new on the radio now.
It definitely doesn't sound dated at all.