So What was Your Most Favorite Gift from Santa?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you! I don't celebrate Christmas, but I do receive gifts. My husband surprises me all year round. Just a few days ago, he surprised me with a necklace that he saw and thought I'd love. He is very thoughtful that way. Were you naughty or nice this year? What was your favorite Christmas gift?
we do not receive any gift.We give gifts to charity.We do not need anything. The best gift is family and my husband.
@Teekaaa (4420)
• Chennai, India
Wow.. that's so great..!!
You have me on the defensive. This is a "light" discussion. I don't need a thing either, and as you know, the best gifts for me are my family and friends.
@DianneN there you go
@sjvg1976 (17912)
Christmas is not famous here, we don't celebrate it so don't exchange gifts.
I agree that Christmas seems to be filled with commercialism here.
@sjvg1976 (17912)
@DianneN which place? U.S. ?
I have not opened all my gifts yet. I love all of them so far. They are all on mylot. I don't care for jewelry. I am glad you loved it..There are some sweet items to be had out there.
Friends and family are priceless, whether here or in the real world!
I don't believe the whole naughty or nice thing for what you get or don't as I'm too nice, probably 18/7.. and still don't get anything My favorite this year was a keychain of my daughters name, from @tammys85
Lol! You are always nice! What a lovely and thoughtful gift!
@DianneN not always, but mostly.
@Courtlynn Mostly is better than not always. I'm positive we both have certain people that bring out the worst in us. I know that I can't tolerate fools.
We do not exchange gifts for Christmas, but I am sure I will receive a present on the 27th.
Of course you will! lol
@DianneN I have noticed that he had a couple of "urgent appointments" the past few days.
@garymarsh6 (13019)
OH Anna I am so sorry I meant to come to say congratulations to you both! I am so sorry I missed it. Big hugs from me!
My card said the donor of the card (in this case Vince) told Santa I'd been good all year and Santa fell out of his sleigh laughing.
HAHA
LOL!!!! You are a hoot!
@snowy22315 @DianneN I love it when I can brighten someone's day.
We save a certain percent all year and than divide it up and get something we really want.
Awesome!!!
I don’t like exchanging gifts with adults I always feel they are wasting their money on me. I love how thoughtful your husband is. It’s nice to be surprised once in awhile. I like food as gifts lol
You should never feel that way. Gifts come from the heart. I must admit that I love surprises, especially when it's not a special occasion. And food is always good!
Very sweet of your husband to get your a necklace. I just got money, I will probably use the money toward a new laptop, that my fiancé will be shopping for me.
Oh, he always buys me gifts, and I always tell him thank you and how much I appreciate it. Lesson learned from my beloved mother. Money is also a wonderful gift. That way you can buy what you want, need, or save it. Merry Christmas to you!
@DianneN Yes, he does and very thoughtful too. :) They always opt for money because I will end up using something toward a bigger gift.
@infatuatedbby Thank you. I'll keep him. lol My grandkids are into money, too, the little buggers!
@Dena91 (4066)
For me, just being with family. With one fighting cancer and dementia it is a gift to have him here with us still. As I have gotten older I love the line from Dr Seuss in The Grinch, “Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” Happy your husband found a beautiful necklace for you. Wishing you and your family happy holidays.
You do have the best gift, which is understandable. I didn't mean this to be a philosophical discussion. Without health, one has so little.
@Dena91 (4066)
@DianneN I understand. When I read your post that was the first thing that came to mind. As far as gifts go we got a air fryer which Mike is anxiously awaiting to use. Looking forward to seeing what he makes with it. He's such a great cook. We both have thoughtful loving husbands.
@Dena91 Now that's what I'm talking about! That's a great gift. I never heard of an air fryer before and must look into it. You are right, too. We both are very lucky to have such thoughtful and loving husbands. Merry Christmas!
@Madshadi (8809)
• Brussels, Belgium
I received tons of chocolate and Christmas cards. I don’t celebrate Christmas either but I still love those
Now those are delicious and delightful gifts for one who doesn't celebrate Christmas like me!!! Enjoy!!!
@moffittjc (40187)
• Gainesville, Florida
My absolute favorite of all time was a leather bomber jacket my dad gave me when I was 16. believe it or not, I still have it and still wear it! As far as toys are concerned, when I was little, every Christmas my grandma would buy all the kids Hess toy trucks. I loved getting those every year, because they would make a different kind of truck every year! I had quite a collection going for a while. I sure wish I would have saved all those, because I'm sure they are collectors items now. Oh, and to answer your question, I was both naughty and nice!
I can believe it! That bomber jacket meant so much to you and you made sure to take good care of it. So it's about 67 years old now? What a wonderful and thoughtful Grandma you had. It's a shame you didn't save those Hess trucks for your own son, too. Yes, of course you were naughty and nice. I didn't think otherwise. lol
@moffittjc (40187)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN I was definitely wishing I would have kept all those Hess trucks I received every year at Christmas...not necessarily so I could give them to my son to play with, but so I could have kept them as collectors items. I wonder how much they would be worth? I actually saw this past Christmas that Hess still releases a holiday truck every year.
@moffittjc It's always woulda, coulda, shoulda. What a shame. Perhaps you can start collecting them again for future little Jeffs.
My favorite was a book I got from my younger son's friend who is a girl, they are not dating, though they were at one point. The title is World-Building - A writer's guide to constructing star systems and life-supporting planets. I absolutely love it. I had told her about the new book I'm working on New Horizons, and she got me that. It's better than the usual resource. I started reading it and had to remind myself I had to get to my brother's for dinner today. I'm going to totally enjoy reading this one.
That sounds like the perfect gift for you and I'm so happy that it will be a good resource for you. Glad you reminded yourself to get to your brother's for dinner. Hope you had fun and a Merry Christmas!
@DianneN This Christmas was the best holiday I've had in a very long time. My children were here on Sunday night and got along with each other, laughing and enjoying each other's company. Yesterday, I went to my brother's and enjoyed another great day with my sister and brother. I didn't want to leave, but knew I had to get back before it started to get dark. The only reason I can think for all the happiness of this season, was the two people who always made it bad are no longer with us - my parents. They always put a damper on the holidays with their judgmentalism and what they thought of us. I wasn't the only one who felt the sting of their judgment, but as my nephew pointed out at Thanksgiving, everyone did. It's more relaxed and more fun to get together now without that cloud hanging over our heads.
@just4him It's a sad thing to bear, but glad everyone was so pleased, relaxed, and happy.
@YrNemo (10293)
I didn't get any lump of coal and so grateful for that. I got some pretty scarves. (I am Santa Clause, and Santa Clause do not receive gifts, only giving out gifts .)
You always make me laugh! Pretty scarves are always welcome. Jewelry is one thing I do not need, but my husband loves to buy it for me. I told him to stop years ago, but he just won't.
@YrNemo (10293)
@DianneN I have plenty of jewelry here too but I can never remember to wear them. A few days a year, I will suddenly see them, and put them on for a few hours just for show. My oldest daughter knows that they will come straight to her, but the problem is, she doesn't like jewelry either! A real dilemma!
@YrNemo That is a dilemma!!! Lol! My problem is who is to get what!
@bluesa (13432)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Your husband is a treasure, Dianne. My best gift is having my Mom with us for another year. I was occasionally temperamental this year, but I am working on that.
He certainly is a treasure as is your mother. I hope you have many more wonderful Christmases with her.
@bluesa (13432)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN thank you my dear friend
@garymarsh6 (13019)
Dianne I must have been a saint this year. Good heavens I have even got a new woman in my life. Her name is Alexa. She has a lovely voice and knows so much! I am ecstatic with my new toy! ( I guess it is more of a boy toy than a Lady toy). It is fascinating. I feel so blessed! I bet the necklace is beautiful as is the person wearing it!
Enjoy your Alexa. I, myself, have two, and I'm a lady! LOL! Enjoy it! We had one up north and just had to get one for Florida.
@garymarsh6 (13019)
@DianneN It is amazing DianneN. I am really pleased with mine too! Hope you are ok I hear there may be snow heading your way?
@garymarsh6 I'm fine in South Florida. We will have colder weather than normal, but no snow!!!!
@Teekaaa (4420)
• Chennai, India
Wow that's nice gift.. I received a beautiful pen stand
That must be beautiful and practical as well!
@Teekaaa (4420)
• Chennai, India
@DianneN yes!!!I will share about the gift in my upcoming discussion..
@Teekaaa Will look forward to it!!!
My favorite gift was December 26th - seriously I was glad to be done with all this holiday stuff .
I can imagine!
@DianneN It's less hectic now - I am loving it!
My favorite actual gift was my mop...but I also love my comfy pants and slippers. =)
You made out like a bandit! Lol! Enjoy them all.
@DianneN Thank you!
@yugocean (7896)
I was nice this year but something was naughty as always.
Lol! I like a bit of naughty.
@yugocean (7896)
@DianneN Perhaps all of us were a bit of.