Bling Bling

Good morning and Merry Christmas friends! Last evening we spent a very fun-filled evening with our son's in-laws. It was wonderful, and it really made our Christmas memorable. This morning my husband and I exchanged our gifts. I wasn't ready for what I received, that man is full of surprises and today was no exception. There is a really fancy spa that I used to pass every time that I came to this city. Now that we live here I haven't been by it as I don't go to that end of town. My husband spoiled me with a 6 hour spa package, and the nicest words followed it when he told me that I deserve it. A moment later he held out his hand with a small gift wrapped box. I wasn't ready for this, but I opened it up. I have always wanted an emerald ring, but I no longer do, because he gave me one for Christmas. I was so overwhelmed and happy. It is a very nice setting surrounded by diamonds and surprisingly enough it may not need to be sized.
What a beautiful ring, he "stole" one of your rings for the size, this is what my husband usually does.
I believe that he did because there are more in my jewelry box then on my fingers, so I wouldn't have noticed it missing. That's just so thoughtful. I bought him a new ring and surprisingly enough, it fits! I measure his ring on my thumb-and it worked!!
@Juliaacv My husband knows that I like rings, he does not like rings, he even lost his wedding band. He proposed to buy two new identical for our anniversary (it is in two days), I said no, I want to keep my original one.
@LadyDuck I share your taste. My husband lost his custom made wedding band about 6 or 7 years ago, so I replaced it then, but it wasn't a very nice ring. Today I gave him a very nice ring. Any special plans for your anniversary?
Very nice! I'm glad you were able to enjoy a spa treatment. Merry Christmas.
I've never had such a huge spa gift before, this should be so decadent. I would ask my daughter-in-law to come along, but its several hundred dollars, and with buying a new home they may not have that in the budget.
@Juliaacv It would be nice if she's able. Enjoy it when you do indulge.
@just4him Thanks, with moving this year and going thru the health issues that I have gone thru I will enjoy this to the max.
That is a beautiful ring, emerald is my birthstone and my hubs gave me one for our 15th wedding anniversary. It is still one of my favorites.
Thank you. One of my sister-in-laws has a ring with emerald bagettes on it, she got the stones when they were on holidays down south one year and brought them home and had a ring designed for it. I have always admired it.
@Juliaacv Your ring is stunning, the emerald is a lot bigger than mine but my hubs picked mine so it is extra special to me, he hasn't bought me much jewelry over the years.
@BelleStarr I was happy to have it because I haven't received any new rings in the past dozen years or so. I like the setting, he did a nice job picking it out.
very nice there.Merry Christmas to all there.Lovely emerald ring I like the stone and color
Thank you, Merry Christmas to you Alfredo! You were expecting a nasty storm, how are things there, are you and Mike safe? We got about 6 or 8 inches of fresh snow between yesterday afternoon and last night. We really have a white Christmas now. Thankfully our son and his wife are in the same city as we are, as they stayed at her sister's place last night, so we don't have too much worry about them coming over here, we aren't that far away. I know that you told me that your daughter will be coming in a few days, what a wonderful way to have an intimate and quiet Christmas with your husband today and then a family gathering in a few days.
@Juliaacv Right now the snow has stopped.Now we are going to have high wind this afternoon But at least we can drive if needed.Stay safe there
@amadeo We had high winds thru the night that created many drifts. And there have not been a lot of snowplows out because of the holiday. It was dry this morning, but its snowing-again. I'm not too sure how much we are expecting, but its just more to add to the pile at this stage. We have the turkey and squash in the oven. I have the stuffing, which I do not do in the bird, in a casserole. I'll put that in the oven when the bird comes out for its hour to rest before carving it. You enjoy your day today!
@hereandthere (33013)
oh, wow. two thumb's up!
I know, I was really taken back. The spa alone would have been suffice, but the rest of the gifts were really over the top. The really funny thing is.......I bought him a new ring too-great minds DO think alike!
@Juliaacv yes, i was about to say that. you're so tuned into each other.
@hereandthere Funny isn't it? I was on a jewelry theme this year it seems, I bought our son a new set of cuff links, and a beautiful pearl pendant for our daughter-in-law.
That's a lovely ring and what a very special Christmas you've had. How nice to be so cherished.
Thank you. Our son and his wife just left a few minutes ago. Both my husband and I commented to each other what a very loving Christmas this has been, and I told him that it was the best for me since I lost my Dad. My Dad meant so much to me, and since he passed away in 2009 my holidays have been really superficial, until this year, this year I actually felt the love that surrounded me, and us as a family. How did you and Vince enjoy the day today?
@Juliaacv Thanks, yes we did and I'm so glad you felt Christmas was on a deeper level this year.
@JudyEv I read your post about good ole Gert, it reminded me of a car that my husband had when we dated-he loved that old thing and I tolerated it. Funny what memories that post brought.
Those are awesome and sweet gifts.! And I agree, you do deserve it.
Oh thank you, those words were probably the most treasured gift of all.
@Courtlynn One for you and one for Mom Merry Christmas Courtney!!!
@KrauseHome (35514)
Very nice gift. So thoughtful of him.
Thank you, I was pretty astonished myself. It was a very thoughtful gift.
Oh, you received such wonderful gifts from your husband!!! I love that ring!!!
Thank you, I was taken back by the ring, but even more by the spa day, I love things like that.
@sw8sincere (5202)
What a lucky wife. I am sure the ring will look good in your fingers . It was beautiful.
Thank you, I was so shocked, he likes to give me rings but its been quite a few years since he's done that, he's been more into giving me fancy earrings and pendants as of late.
@YrNemo (14768)
wow, you are such a lucky lady. Merry Christmas.
Thank you, I am so excited about the spa package. It includes the whole works, sauna/whirlpool, 1 hour massage, lunch, pedicure, manicure, and hair. I'm so looking forward to it. The ring will be a dress up only ring, its too big for everyday for me. Although the setting and colours are stunning.
Good morning and Merry Christmas.
Good morning John, Merry Christmas to my favorite guy from LA.
Now that is very sweet. your honey knows a gift. I am so happy for you.I would not like that for myself. But I am sure you will make good with it. I hope those 6 hours are well enjoyed. I hear some people love that. Oh mylot is nice today. I hope to read more sweet posts.
Its been so sweet on the site the past week or so hasn't it? Kindness is everywhere! I love going to the spa but never have had that long at one, and this spa is really a well known one, I've dreamed of going there for years.