I'll Be Glad When It's Over!

@UncleJoe (11257)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Although I love the Christmas holidays, during the last week, I usually find myself wishing it was over. All that heavy shopping traffic tends to rob me of “Peace and Joy”. Fortunately, I know all the back streets so I can avoid major shopping areas. In years past, shopping traffic major intersections gridlocked. A couple of years ago I sat on an exit ramp for over half an hour before I could even get off the expressway. Unfortunately, the day after Christmas isn’t much better. That’s when gift returns and exchanges begin. That too, can be just as hectic. If it wasn’t for keeping sight of what the celebration is all about I probably would be “Bah-humbugging” my chops off. Another thing that gets under my skin are the vehicles I see in my rear-view mirror. Especially white cars with roof racks. Have you ever noticed that, when behind you those rack have a strong resemblance to the light bars on top of police cruisers. It really irks me that these private citizens make me obey traffic laws for nothing. Yes, indeed! I will be so happy when life settles back down to it’s normal chaos.
As another mylotter pointed out Christmas Day 2018 is only 364 days away.
@UncleJoe (11257)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Kandae11 Oh! I can hardly wait!
Ugh!
@pgntwo (22753)
• Tripoli, Lebanon
Is it called an expressway as it gives you the opportunity to express exactly how you feel being stuck on one for half an hour...?
@UncleJoe (11257)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
so sorry there.Your life should be settled there.Your not kidding me are you
@UncleJoe (11257)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You wouldn't believe how crazy traffic is around here normally @amadeo
What I hate is those unmarked police cars that I pass speeding and then within 5 minutes pass me doing a 100 with the blue globe in the dash, in a car chase.
@db20747 (10390)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Yes, the holidays can turn into a racket!!
@UncleJoe (11257)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I would love the holiday more if there weren't so many people, especially nut jobs @db20747
@UncleJoe I prefer to look at Christmas as a time to be at peace and having joy so I can't think of the shopping. It's such a sick situation now days.
I agree, the holidays are nice, but it's just so busy. Don't even want to shop in person anymore, would rather shop online. Sometimes I can't tell if a police cruiser is behind me. I think it's one and then it turns out not to be one. Then when one is behind me for a period of time, it makes me slow way down even though I try to obey the speed limits.
@WorDazza (10089)
• Manchester, England
I am right with you on the white cars with roof racks. The amount of time I've wasted obeying speed limits because of those damned things!!!
I'm quite happy being a J.A.P. this time of year. lol
@UncleJoe (11257)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Really? You don't look Asian at all @DianneN
No wonder Santa gets around on his sled and reindeers . . . in the air he doesn't have to deal with what we gotta deal with down here!
@UncleJoe (11257)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Maybe where you are @much2say but here, we have 2 Naval air stations and 6 commercial airports. I'm sure he dodges a lot of aircraft when visiting us.
@UncleJoe Maybe so . . . I guess that Rudolph knows how to navigate with the red nose of his!
I am sure you do not want to obey the traffic rules. That cramps your style.
@UncleJoe (11257)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
It was even tougher when I drove a semi. They wouldn't let you run over anybody, no matter how much they deserved it. @jstory07
We have not had a lot of traffic around here this year and the day after Christmas my daughter and I were in the stores and there didn't seem to be many people at all. I think a lot of people shop online.
@Srbageldog (8255)
I hate the shopping traffic too. My sister and I almost got plowed down by two drivers today while we were out walking...this is the fifth time it's happened in the last month! They are in such a hurry that they don't feel the need to yield to pedestrians who have the right of way. Plus people act like uncivilized buffoons this time of year, and I can't stand being around them.
@Ithink (10495)
Thanks for the laugh!
@cindiowens (4564)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Me too!
I'm always pleased when life gets back to 'normal' too. Luckily ,touch wood, we never have traffic jams in our town.
@saritflor (4124)
• Israel
It seems Holiday time turned to be an insane.. and that's pity
I want a car that looks just like the police vehicles in our suburb. I want to scare the daylights out of people too.
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
Try not to drive during the holiday @UncleJoe , but if I do.....I have my middle finger at the ready.