Finally got myself a wooden tea storage chest and for free

Wooden tea storage chest - rosewood
Staten Island, New York
I finally got myself a wooden tea storage chest to store my tea bags in. It's rosewood with a see-through scratch resistant window. I really like it! The inside is divided into six compartments and can store over 60 tea bags. It's what I've been looking for. And because I used an Amazon gift card that was given to my husband at work I didn't spend any of my own money. Sweet! There is one thing that's bugging me though. There was a plastic protective covering on both sides of the window. I had trouble getting it off. The one on the top finally came off completely. The one on the bottom did not. There is still some wrap sticking out on the bottom. I sat there for a while trying to get it out with tweezers. While some came out, there is still a lot left. It's so tiny it's hard to get out. And when I open and close the lid I see it. I think the manufacturer probably put the plastic protective covering on both sides of the window and then attached the wood instead of putting the plastic protective covering afterwards. How the heck can I get that remaining plastic covering out? It's frustrating me big time.
@RodrickH (11888)
What kind of tea do you like?
• Staten Island, New York
Green tea with mango, raspberry and pomegranate tea, chamomile, wild berry tea...
@RodrickH (11888)
@lovebuglena I like green tea too,by the way,how did you get it for free?
• Staten Island, New York
@RodrickH I used Amazon gift card to buy the tea chest as I mentioned in the discussion.
That's pretty cool.
• Staten Island, New York
It is! But the plastic covering not being completely removed is not. I wrote the seller about it and will see what they say.
@kobesbuddy (52494)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, I can understand how you feel, that plastic wrap should have been applied, afterwards! Anyway, a wodden tea storage chest, that's something handy, you will definitely use! :)
• Staten Island, New York
I have to get it off!!!!!! There has to be a way to do it.
@kobesbuddy (52494)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@lovebuglena I'm wondering about a razor blade, to gently cut around the edges.
• Staten Island, New York
@kobesbuddy A razor blade will probably scratch the wood.
@kavinitu (5055)
It's pretty cool
• Staten Island, New York
Yeah. I've always wanted one but could never find one in stores. Then decided to check Amazon and found a few nice ones. Decided to get this one out of those I found. Love it! Just not a fan of that plastic covering not fully getting removed and what seems like damage on the box itself.
@kavinitu (5055)
@lovebuglena I can understand that even my husband likes everything picture perfect the way you are trying to, it must be the way you said that the carpenter had used the plastic while slipping the wood over it. If the glass is scratch resistant then you could try out a thin blade to slide down the edges but do be careful with the blade, but remember one thing if the plastic is form the inside there will always be a little of it.
• Staten Island, New York
@kavinitu Weird thing is that the little that is sticking out doesn't bother me as much as did before... I wrote the seller and they will send me another tea chest as a replacement. They don't have the rosewood, as it's currently out of stock, so I will get the dark walnut instead. And I can keep my current one. Don't have to send it back. Hopefully the replacement will not have the same issue with the plastic protective covering and will be damage-free. I get that things cannot be 100% perfect but I like them to be. I hate scratches, when things are chipped, when color has come off, etc.
@KristenH (24736)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That's pretty cool. That would keep you warm all winter long. You can use scissors or a knife.
• Staten Island, New York
What's sticking out is too tiny for scissors and trying to use a knife will scratch the wood.
@KristenH (24736)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@lovebuglena Oh. I see. How about the nail file from a nail clipper?
• Staten Island, New York
@KristenH Tried it. Didn't work. If I could have at least tucked it in so it wouldn't be visible it wouldn't bother me that much. But unable to do that. I replied to the seller about this along with something else I found wrong and will see what they tell me. So far no response.