5:55 and all is Well

It is quiet in the house this morning. I expect to hear the pitter patter of little feet heading toward the living room soon. The cats have had their morning meal and are now sleeping in their comfy spots. All I hear is the sound of the clock ticking and the furnace kicking on to keep this place warm. The cold, bitter air of winter is upon us. The temps are to be way below freezing and this will bring the need to layer yup before we go outdoors. This is one thing I don't care to do. Seems it takes at least 10 minutes to get ready to go outdoors. My husband was up earlier this morning and I heard him start the truck up. It rumbled for about 10 minutes this morning. I guess it was necessary to warm it up before he headed to work. I'll have to do the same with my car before I leave. It won't be warm and toasty, but at least we will be able to ride in semi-comfort and not shiver. Well, that is my little story to start my day. Hope you all have a shiver free day.
My van is a cold-natured beast, it won't warm up enough to use the heater until 5 minutes after I get to work
My fan runs only on the high setting and it warms up by the time I hit town. Then I need to turn the heat down.
@kavinitu (4390)
Your little story is so beautiful that you explained it to us. I like it Very Good Morning
That weather in the North is just terrible for so many states. Please stay warm and safe.
I only think about moving south when we get weather like this!
@ElusiveButterfly I can imagine, I would also think about this.
Good morning...it is freezing cold here this morning too.
Bundle up!
@jobelbojel (6816)
It feels like summer in here. Good morning to you.
The weather is horrible today, but it's not as cold as they had announced. It snowed this morning, now it's a mix of snow and rain. I am glad we can stay at home today.
We are freezing this week. Frigid weather is here for a while.
@ElusiveButterfly Today is windy, very cold wind.
@LadyDuck Still freezing here.
@mom210 (6517)
• Atlanta, Georgia
our day has been a little on the cool side as well. I am not a big fan of winter.
It really makes me grumpy.
@mom210 (6517)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'll be having a shiver-free day thanks. It's warm and sunny here at the moment.
It is -12 F (-24.4444C) this morning. The furnace is running non-stop.
@ElusiveButterfly That just sounds awful! No wonder you need the furnace running full-time.
I hope you have a wonderful day and stay warm! =)
Everyday is a wonderful day. Freezing more so today though, it is -12 F at the moment. Not going to warm up above freezing today.
Right now it's 0 degrees here. But I need to go out and do a few errands. The heat has been on a lot.
Going to be frigid the rest of the week!
@Morleyhunt (19539)
It is very cold. My Christmas guests have departed. A load of laundry (tablecloths and dish towels) is in the washing machine...I'm ignoring the time of use rates today....at least one load needs to be laundered. It's a late start for me, but my shower is next and then I head out to visit my father 45-55 minutes away.....the long term care facility is having a family meeting today to discuss his needs.
Hope your meeting for your father was a good one.
@Angela150 (958)
• London, England
I was tired to cook breakfast so we went out and got some takeaway breakfast. Now I am watching TV.
@prashu228 (25814)
Good morning.. your short sweet story is nice. We don't have such problems here. We don't have snow fall or shivering cold. Have a nice day