A Special Christmas Visit

@patgalca (14590)
Orangeville, Ontario
My father passed away almost 12 years ago. I have written in the past that I get visits from him in my dreams. I've also had a flickering light bulb that has been very erratic. It's actually a 3 bulb fixture in which 2 bulbs are erratic, one more than the other. The third is fine. On Christmas Day my father made his presence known to me in AWAKE time in two different ways. The one bulb that is the most erratic (mostly off lately) was on consistently on Christmas Day, and ONLY Christmas Day. Also, this is the 11th Christmas without my father and it is the VERY first time that this has come to me. I heard him say to me "Joy To The World". I heard his voice so clearly. There was a way in which he said it. He NEVER said Merry Christmas, always Joy to the World. In all these years I never noticed it until he said it to me on Monday. He even made his Christmas toasts this way. I mentioned it to a couple of family members yesterday and until I told them WHAT he said, they didn't remember either but acknowledged that I was so right when I told them. Thank you, Dad, for the special Christmas visit this year.
@patgalca It sounds like he may want you to carry that message on for him! So glad that these special things happened for you.
Oh that is so nice, I'm glad he came to you and made your Christmas so special. =)
I am also gifted with a sixth sense. I am so happy to be able to have my loved ones close to me. Glad your dad showed he was around at Christmas. My husband passed away suddenly in August and since then I have had many signs he is around. One amazing I guess you could say gift I got just before New Year's was two small cubes of wood. I found them in my shopping bag and now when I see them I have to smile. It is so comforting to be able to have contacts like this.
@patgalca (14590)
• Orangeville, Ontario
My father was in the music business and, coincidentally or not, his last name was (is) Bird. So birds and music and always a connection to my father. At my mother's residence there was some kind of craft sale set up one day. My mother looked through everything. She was going to leave and went back and looked again and saw something she didn't see before - a little figurine of a grand piano. She bought it. When she told me about it I told her it was a sign from Dad. She's too old now to recognize anything like this. She's 93 and has dementia. All she knows is she wants to be with her lifetime love.
@patgalca that is a wonderful story and definitely a sign. Blessings to your dear mom. As hard as it is you still have her and at least you have the comfort that when her time comes she will be met right at the threshold by your loving dad.
@patgalca (14590)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@RasmaSandra So true.
That is so nice. Visits like that are very comforting.
@patgalca (14590)
• Orangeville, Ontario
To actually hear his voice while I was awake was very surprising and comforting. He comes to me often. Probably because I'm the only one who is will to accept the visits and messages for what they really are. Sometimes I think he is messing with me too. He was a bit of a jokester. I was very close to him.
@patgalca awww that is nice that he chooses you to visit.
@sallypup (28483)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Such a comfort for you. You two must have been very close.
@patgalca (14590)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Very close. He is the only person who never judged me, always supported me, was always there for me. I am sure I disappointed him at times but he was still there fore me. My best friend.
@sallypup (28483)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@patgalca You were blessed. I'm sorry he is no longer here for you.
@patgalca (14590)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@sallypup In some ways he still is.
My Mom has been coming to me a LOT in my dreams the past three months. I couldn't figure out why until I read your post. You see the house she and I shared for almost thirty years burned down three months ago. I lost everything in it, including my animals. I have been beyond devastated!!!! I've been in a horrible depression this whole time, because it was not only losing my home but losing my mom and best friend again. Your post has made me realize she came to let me know things would be okay again, that my animals were with her, and it was okay to be happy. In my dreams we were doing happy things, the fun things we loved to do. My mom was my biggest champion and support while I was getting established as a bear artist, and she let me know that even though I lost all the business supplies I still can go on and make it as she is beside me. Thank you so much for your post! It means my life to me!
@patgalca (14590)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I'm so glad my post was able to help you. My presence online has turned into a way of helping people, and that's okay with me. One of the first visits from my father was him coming up to me, holding my hand and telling me everything is going to be okay. Your mother is trying to comfort you. I am honored that my post has made you realize that and you are feeling more uplifted. Have a wonderful day.
@Shiva49 (13964)
I can understand you emotions. My father and other loved ones who are no more make their presence felt at times especially in my dreams. I cherish such moments - siva
@KrauseHome (35517)
That is awesome. I know things like this are always appreciated.
@shivamani10 (11188)
• Hyderabad, India
This clearly indicates that you got his invaluable blessings.
That is just so wonderful.
@dodoazo (21267)
I believe you whether it is strange or not, credible or not. Your late father is really "visiting" in a special occasion like this Christmas, the joyous seasons of the year.