Instead Of Going To The Movies-We Usually Get The DVD's

Yes, we would rather buy the DVD’s of the movie when they come out. That way we can watch it as many times as we want to. Plus, if I need to get up to use the bathroom or get a snack, we can pause it. We have our own snacks that we can get anytime and it’s a lot less expensive too. I’m just more comfortable watching movies at home instead of at the theatre.
I agree with you. A whole lot less expensive and more convenient. The movie going experience at the theater lost its magic long ago.
@JohnRoberts The snacks at the movies are so expensive these days too. What you would pay for a box of the candy at Dollar General for instance, you pay three times that amount at the movies!
@TheSojourner (17488)
I usually check them out from the library. But occasionally I will go to the $5 movie Nights at the local theater on Tuesdays or Thursdays
@vandana7 (62282)
Can't friends decide on buying one and sharing it, or watching it together?
@vandana7 I don't buy mine. But for those that do, that's a good idea
That's what we do too. I haven't gone to a movie theater in ages.
We went last week but only because it was free and put on by my bosses. It had been a year or two since we had been to one. I prefer to watch at home instead.
We watch mostly DVDs too.
I prefer being at home instead of going to a movie. I turn on Netflix. I have DVD's but have not watched them in ages. I is relaxing not to have to go out and go to a movie where it is usually noisy and here I can wear my jammmies and relax on the couch.
@Hannihar And sometimes the sound in the theater is so loud.
@vandana7 (62282)
I am not comfortable using public loo. I used to go to movies, but I now suffer with fear about infections. When we are young, we don't really know much about possible infections.
@Susan2015 You are right. You have the right idea about the DVD's.
@Asylum (48283)
• Manchester, England
I do exactly the same except that I usually wait until the price drops.
@vandana7 (62282)
Wisdom incarnate.
@vandana7 (62282)
What is the difference in cost?
It depends on the theater. And the food is super expensive.
• Lucknow, India
Yeah I guess it depends on everyone's choice... I am a movie nut so every weekend I go out to see the movies and i buy DVDs for the ones that i couldn't...
@Susan2015 I love to go to the movies, but it's so costly, and I have trouble going into buildings a lot. So, like you we normally watch movies at home. Some movies though, I just like to see on the big screen, like Star Wars.
@Fishmomma (11523)
Its now so expensive in this area to see a movie that we could take the entire family out to dinner and spend less. We get many coupons to eat out and not many to see a movie at a low cost. I went to a couple this year, as did get a few free tickets; however, I miss the days of earning free tickets online at many different sites.
we do too.it's just not worth going to a moviehouse anymore for a multitude of reasons.
@bunnybon7 (35524)
• Holiday, Florida
we only buy them if we liked them from the rental or watching on tv. who can afford movies these days. unless a person is dating it does not seem essential
Me too, but we need to get a DVD player. Had one once, but it stopped working. I think we would enjoy a new one.
I like both, because I can be with friends at the theater.
@aureliah (13843)
Although having the DVD gives ou flexibility, there is something with going to the theater.
Yeah we are the same way, it's more costly to go to the theater.
Same here my friend.
@Daljinder (21027)
I can count on one hand the number of times I have been out for watching movies in a theatre. We usually had a family thing as kids where we would put the TV on the terrace and the whole family will settle down there at night with snacks and food to watch a movie. It was during the time when colour television was fairly new. And those video cassettes and player were still a thing. Nowadays everything is available on Internet
@Madshadi (8953)
• Brussels, Belgium
I used to love going to the theater. Now I enjoy watching movies at home more
same here.I hear you there