Oh crud, where'd it go?????

I wrote awhile back about my boyfriend having "white" carpet in a home that's in the country by a lake. No one in their right mind would put choose white wall to wall carpet for a place like that. Turns out his grandson choose it. Well this morning I was convinced the kid is crazy. I needed my pain meds along with my antihistamines. I got one of the pain meds (which, by the way is a little white pill the size of a quarter of a pencil eraser) the antihistamine and then dropped the second white pain pill on the white carpet. Oh crud!!! Where'd it go? I searched for five minutes cursing both the pill and the carpet. Somehow the Gods knew the day wasn't going well for me and suddenly I felt it under my foot. Oh well, stomach acid will kill toe jam, down the hatch!
Oh no - that sounds like trying to find a dropped contact lens! I wonder how long that white carpet will stay white!
Bill's constantly cleaning. Either going around with the dust buster or spot cleaning. I won't have white carpet for a gift...but of course I'm a crafter and white wouldn't last a week around me (OH, and my critters too!) I've had the problem with contacts too. I dropped one and found it the same time the cat did. The cat won and had the contact for a tid bit. Fortunately I had back ups.
@BearArtistLady He's so good about it! We are artists too - and have 2 kids - a white carpet would not survive here - not even for a day. Hubby has dropped contacts near the bathroom sink and for whatever reason he could never find them. I can only imagine what happens to contacts when in contact with a cat !
@BearArtistLady Hang in there! Oh my gosh that dye can get all over the place (and yikes if there are any little accidents!). Just how white is that white carpet - is it really that bright white I am imagining it to be?
Glad you found your pill! Totally not a good choice for carpets.
I'm glad I found the pill too. Not that I have animals that would gobble it up, its just that it helps keep the pain levels down which help keep the mental outlook better. The only way I would install white carpet is if I was rich with tons of paid help that would keep it clean. And thinking about it, not even then. I couldn't be that mean to the help!
@BearArtistLady and its the thought of knowing the pill was dropped so it should be found. It would bug me if I don't find it too. As far as white carpets, for a country home I cannot imagine that? Like the dirt and such right? My parents' home have cream carpets. We previously had brown but now they're older and theres no kids in the house or any guests hardly ever they wanted cream carpets. It's alright. never had any troubles.
• Walnut Creek, California
Ah, toe jam. one of my favorite subjects! How long will it take for the white carpet to be a "tan" carpet?
I don't know, Bill's constantly cleaning spots or vacuuming the darned thing. If it has rained you have to take off your shoes. The carpet is a royal pain in the are!
@BarBaraPrz (20787)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I had an off-white carpet once. When my sister came to visit she took off her sandals because she didn't want to get it dirty, but her feet picked up oil from the leather and she ended up leaving her mark anyway. Sigh.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Glad you were able to find it. I know I would not want White Carpet everywhere. Might look nice now, but it would be hard to keep clean.
White carpet? That's nuts. Every speck will show up.
Oh no...sounds beautiful but what good is it in a place like that. Geez hope you ever find that pill.
my grandmother had white on white on white in her house..so boring. might as well lived in an apartment with that color scheme.
Glad you found it. The Gods knew and that is good.