Have you tried Guinness cake?

Guinness  cake batter
@thelme55 (15636)
Germany
Good morning fellow Mylotters. It is early morning in Germany. I think this will be my last discussion this year 2017. Sorry I have not been here a lot these last few days. I am so busy offline. How about you? Tonight, I will be decorating the Guinness cake I have made last night after working. I will also do the Black Forest cake. These cakes are my contribution to our family New Years celebration. Have you tried Guinness cake? Well, it is just a normal fruit cake which contains Guinness beer. I am making this cake as it is the wish of my brother-in-law. He has eaten this cake a few years ago which I have baked before. Anyway, it has been a long time since I have baked this cake. The photo above is the Guinness cake batter. I have not taken a photo of the finished cake, yet. I will do it tonight. Enjoy your last days of this year and of course have a wonderful New Year 2018. Thanks for interacting with me this year. More power to us for the coming year. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
I have never had a Guinness cake, but have had Guinness pies. I would expect that Guinness world blend well in a fruit cake.
@thelme55 (15636)
I have not tried Guinness pie. That sounds good. It was indeed delicious as a Guinness fruitcake. Happy new year @Asylum
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
@thelme55 I was never very fond of Guinness as a drink, but it does make an excellent ingredient.
@hereandthere (33423)
i like fruitcake and we received one again this year. i would gladly eat your guinness cake. happy new year, thelma!
@thelme55 (15636)
Fruitcake is delicious @hereandthere. Happy new year to you, too. Did you have a wonderful celebration?
@thelme55 our annual reunion is january 1st and my siblings and their family were here
@thelme55 (15636)
@hereandthere I see. I am sure it was a fun reunion.
@JustBhem (46118)
• Davao, Philippines
Haven't tried it, and this is the first time I heard about it.
@thelme55 (15636)
I see @JustBhem. I have read this cake 20 years ago from my cooking book I have bought in England and tried baking it after that. Yummy. Happy new year to you there.
@JustBhem (46118)
• Davao, Philippines
@thelme55 Wow. Is it very tasty, right? Thanks and same to you too.
@thelme55 (15636)
@JustBhem yes, it was yummy that was why my brother-in-law asked me to bake it again.
That sounds different. I've had stew with guiness in it, but never cake. Happy New Year!
@thelme55 (15636)
Really? How does the stew tasted? Happy New Year to you too @Juliaacv. Happy New Year too.
@thelme55 The stew is delicious, it makes you feel so warm-that would be the guiness.
@thelme55 (15636)
@Juliaacv Cool. I think I will find a stew recipe online cook with Guinness.
I have never had a Guinness fruit cake but I am sure it will be good.
@thelme55 (15636)
It was very good @BelleStarr. Happy New Year
@thelme55 Happy New Year to you too Thelma.
I would try anything you make, Thelma, even your Guinness cake, and I don't eat fruit cakes. lol
@thelme55 (15636)
That is nice of you @DianneN. I choose the dried fruits that I really love eating. Like the dried peaches, apples and cranberries
@thelme55 I like the Guinness!
@kepweng (19294)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
not yet Maybe Guinnes world of book records well Included that cake ??
@thelme55 (15636)
Maybe if someone bake this Guinness cake as huge as a truck. @kepweng.
I've never heard of this flavor of cake before
@thelme55 (15636)
I have read this Guinness recipe 2 decades ago from my British cook book @Tampa_girl7. Since then, I baked it.
@jobelbojel (9032)
This looks yummy. Happy New Year!
@thelme55 (15636)
It was yummy @jobelbojel. Happy New Year, too.
The cake sounds delicious. I love Black Forest Cake. I will not make the cake just for myself but perhaps one day I will try it. Wishing you and yours a very Happy 2018 Year and may it bring you all the very best.
@thelme55 (15636)
It was delicious @RasmaSandra. Thank you. I wish you everything best this year 2018 and the other years to come.
Have a wonderful new year!
@thelme55 (15636)
Thank you @toniganzon. Have a wonderful year 2018' too.
@Tracy04 (10815)
Never tried that kind of cake though. But I love red velvet cake.
@thelme55 (15636)
I have not tried baking red velvet @Tracy04. I have heard about this cake. One day I will try that. Happy New Year.
I hope you have a wonderful 2018. How nice of you to make this cake for your brother-in-law. That's a very kind thing to do.
@thelme55 (15636)
Thank you @JudyEv. I love baking cakes and it was a pleasure for me to bake that cake for my relatives. The husbands of my nieces who have eaten the Guinness cake for the first time, loved it too.
@gaianoor (1144)
• Tirana, Albania
it seems nice. Will try it. Maybe with the cake can give to us some more details to try
I have never eaten that cake before but it sounds like it would taste very good.