Productive Afternoon

This afternoon I've been a busy little bee. I am tired of Old Man Winter, and have decided to combat him with some of my delicious homemade soup. I made up a batch of broccoli-cauliflower soup. I love that soup. I will be taking a very small dish of that for my lunch next week when I return to work. I also made up some cranberry-orange muffins. I had some fresh cranberries left over from last week, so put them into good use with this recipe. All in all I've had a productive afternoon-and you, what have you been up to? ~Photo is of my soup, mmmm good!
Your soup picture is tempting me right now.
Thank you, I take that as a compliment. I like creamed soup, but the broth on this is just slightly thicker as I use a bit of a rue and then the vegetables are just the way that you see them. It warms me up and reheats beautifully, like any good soup should.
@nomus24g (23800)
that sounds yummy...
Thanks, I love that soup.
@nomus24g (23800)
@Juliaacv great way to start a New Year, I guess :)
Sounds pretty good. I had Jumbalia yesterday
My husband likes that, I'm more of a less is better when it comes to spicy food person. Happy New Year TR!
I have gotten a few odds and ends done. Nothing major.
I love all soups but yours sounds particularly delicious. Unfortunately it's not really the weather for soup here.
No, its not soup weather at all in your area, but here it really is. I like soup. it makes for a nice lunch meal while at work.
@Juliaacv I've made cold cucumber soup once or twice and that is really refreshing on a hot day.
@JudyEv I've never heard of a cold soup, I'll have to refer to my favorite recipe website for that one.
Not much I have been watching TV and trying to keep warm.We are going out to dinner and then I have to pack for Florida.
I just finished dressing for supper. But we won't be packing when we get back home again. Have a wonderful time at supper, and of course a safe journey. Happy 2018!
@Juliaacv Well I did get it all done and we are on our way lol
@BelleStarr Safe journey
Already January 1st here in Manila and I'm at the office now 'working'. Not sure what I'll do after work but I'd like to train and go to the gym.
So you have already ushered in the new year, don't work too hard!
@Juliaacv I'm working smart!
@allen0187 Good going!!
@Platespinner (16785)
I've spent my third day as a couch potato (though I did manage to run a few errands earlier). Maybe I'll be productive again tomorrow.
Oh it sounds like you really have it bad, I feel for you and pray that you will recover soon. Maybe 2018 will see you feeling better in the morning.
@Juliaacv I'm doing much better than I was, I'm just dealing with extremely low energy levels at the moment.
@Platespinner I think that is still part of it isn't it? Feel stronger.
Homemade soups on a cold day are the best to keep warm. I love potato and leeks soup, but also a mixed vegetable creamy soup is fine.
I am not fond of leek soup, although I do make it, because my husband likes it. I will often make 2 different kinds of soup to keep in the fridge, he'll warm up from one batch and I'll warm up from another batch.
@Juliaacv We had lentils today, it's an old Italian tradition to grant money in the house for the whole year.
It sounds like you had a good day and a busy one! =) My day has been good and busy as well.
You never seem to have a dull or boring day, and they are all busy-the joys of having a young family.
@Juliaacv It is always amazing too! =)
@sueznewz2 (10066)
• Alicante, Spain
they both sound very nice... we've took our dog for a walk and had a drink sitting at a café that have tables on the promenade... it was great...
That sounds lovely, its too cold here to go out for a walk, we are having such bitterly cold temperatures.
@Icydoll (22590)
Yummy soup.want to have a sip umm.enjoy and have great year friend
Thanks and you as well.
Today mostly I've been watching TV and doing some reading. A little bit of straightening up the house too.
We just got in from supper out. When she asked if we saved room for dessert I told her no, but my husband insisted that we share a dessert-we always do on New Years Eve. It was a bisconte with Lindor chocolate ice cream. And between the 2 of us we still couldn't finish it-it was just way to rich for us. So when she came back to check on us and ask us if we'd like anything else, I asked if they could roll me out of the restaurant and into the parking lot-she laughed and told me that they have that service. She joked about it quietly with me as my husband was paying the bill, telling me that the service came next........
I'm not a soup lover, but that combination sounds really good, and your muffins also. I slept in, finally some sleep.
Sleep is good......that's what weekends are for!
You really did have a productive afternoon. Visiting with Dad. Doing really well for age 96.
Oh that is nice, glad that he's doing well. You're so blessed to have him still, my husband and I were talking about that today, how neither of us has had a father in over 8 years.
we had chicken soup for lunch.
I love chicken soup.
Cleaned up my moms room with her and food shopped a bit.