I'm glad to see the end of 2017

This year wasn't a good one for me. Everyone in my family was fine but I lost my two 14 year old cats and one of them was my heart cat. He was like my child and the loss damn near broke me. It has been a couple of months and I am doing better because I think I have just blocked it out of my mind. I try not to think about it much because I can't bear it. I didn't lose any more weight at the gym but I did get stronger and build muscle. That means that I probably did lose some fat and convert it to muscle. My arms are looking pretty jacked these days along with my legs. Don't get me wrong, I still have weight to lose, but you can tell that I work out if you see me in a tight-fitting shirt or a bathing suit. I am going to get back into 3-4 x a week gym sessions since I pay a TON of money for them. Also going to dial in my nutrition. We always eat well but the carbs have been sneaking in too much. We don't need them. I don't make New Year's resolutions but I do have a goal for 2018: to have less food waste. The amount of food that I wind up throwing away is shocking. I need to be more mindful of what I have in the fridge and use it in a more timely manner. There is no reason for me to be tossing heads of cauliflower or bags of fresh green beans. I hope 2018 is a good one. I could use a peaceful and happy year in my life.
I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Thanks! You too Jennifer!
@NJChicaa Your welcome and thank you. =)
@Morleyhunt (19746)
It's going to be a year of changes. Happy New Year to you!
Same to you!
@Deepizzaguy (12940)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Be optimistic that 2018 will be a better year than 2017.
I am because I can't bear another year like this one.
@Deepizzaguy (12940)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@NJChicaa I agree with you on this call.
Happy New Year
Same to you!
I hope 2018 will be better for you.
Thanks. Me too!
@1creekgirl (10296)
I know you miss your cats. I wish you a new year of God's very best blessings.
thank you.
@KristenH (24012)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Big hugs to you, NJ. This year was a pretty good year for me, health-wise, and financially too. And I think 2018 is going to be my finest year ever, when my dreams will finally come true.
Are your books going to get published?
I think that goal for less food waste is awesome. If your paying for those gym sessions it makes good sense to take advantage of it as much as you can!
Yeah, stick a fork in 2017. Awesome cat.
i know the feeling.5 of my older cats passed away one after another. we rescued a new one in the name of the last one.